PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with LTrims with my tune.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with LTrims with my tune.

I am using the Predator Tune and I had received a custom tune from James at RWTD. Anyhow I need help since their forums are currently down. I was running an average of +9.5 Ltrims at cruising 55 mph in 5th gear. I took out
-2% from PE and I now have the LTrims at cruising 55 mph in 5th averaging +4.65. I went ahead and ran three WOT runs to see my Ltrims at WOT and they were locked in at +1.56. Has anyone heard of this happening? Also my Spark at WOT is locked in at 25. How close am I to getting near a good tune? I just want to make sure that I will not do any kind of damage with these settings. BTW I am getting 0 KR in all of my runs, cruising and WOT. These are all live data through the Predator. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks

John
Old 05-08-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

You do not have the ability to tune out trims with your predator.... Any changes that were made were from RWTD and the computer is still adjusting trims to learn.

Positive trimming is not uncommon... I think people are still figuring this one out.

Timing is car specific as your motor will like what it does and that cannot be comparative to any other one car. Best way to see what timing is proving effectivity is on the dyno.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F8L LS1
I am using the Predator Tune and I had received a custom tune from James at RWTD. Anyhow I need help since their forums are currently down. I was running an average of +9.5 Ltrims at cruising 55 mph in 5th gear. I took out
-2% from PE and I now have the LTrims at cruising 55 mph in 5th averaging +4.65. I went ahead and ran three WOT runs to see my Ltrims at WOT and they were locked in at +1.56. Has anyone heard of this happening? Also my Spark at WOT is locked in at 25. How close am I to getting near a good tune? I just want to make sure that I will not do any kind of damage with these settings. BTW I am getting 0 KR in all of my runs, cruising and WOT. These are all live data through the Predator. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks

John
pe is for WOT only which is why u have +1.56 at WOT. you took out too much pe and made wot lean out. you want to get that wot right and then drive the car for about 50-100 miles with all ranges of driving and then test the fuel trims, as you can see they have went from +9 to +4, and you did absolutely nothing to change them
Old 05-09-2005, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so should I just adjust the PE back to 0, per my tune, and then wait for 100 miles or so before I retest, or just leave it where it is for now? Also does my spark, 25, sound good or what? I have heard that spark should be around 28-30*. Thanks for all the help

John
Old 05-09-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u dont wanna run the spark too much more than 28, its like playing with fire unless u have it on a dyno and can monitor and test everthing. but yea everything else u said it right. the timing could be at 25 from the KR you may have gotten. if u have no kr and 25* you can slowly increase up to about 28 and should be good, u might have to increase pe as well though to eliminate kr, 27-28 is good so if u are there and have KR add more wot fuel with pe.