Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help, car keeps dying

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 01:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help, car keeps dying

Alright here we go, i have all bolt-on (-ls6 intake) and a 255 intake fuel pump.... I have the NOS Nozzel set up with 150 jets in. after i am done spaying the car dies. Any way i can stop this. im sure it is just to much fuel witch is fine rather be rich than lean. Any tips will help!!!!

Scott
Old 05-08-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver 00 SS
Alright here we go, i have all bolt-on (-ls6 intake) and a 255 intake fuel pump.... I have the NOS Nozzel set up with 150 jets in. after i am done spaying the car dies. Any way i can stop this. im sure it is just to much fuel witch is fine rather be rich than lean. Any tips will help!!!!

Scott
Sounds like WAAAAY too much fuel to me... What jets are you using and what pressure is you fuel system at? Also what is your bottle pressure when spraying?
Old 05-08-2005, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

My bottle pressure is was at 950. I am not sure of what the fuel pressure was at. Any why I can tell? do I need it to be tuned right or what? should i turn the master power off and keep on the throttle and flush all the fuel out, come on i need some experienced opinions!

THANKS!!!

Scott
Old 05-08-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver 00 SS
My bottle pressure is was at 950. I am not sure of what the fuel pressure was at. Any why I can tell? do I need it to be tuned right or what? should i turn the master power off and keep on the throttle and flush all the fuel out, come on i need some experienced opinions!

THANKS!!!

Scott
Scott,
You need to know what your fuel pressure is in order to know what jets you need.. If this is a wet system fuel pressure is paramount. Fuel pressure changes the amount of fuel you are injected with your nitrous.. Your jet size is determined by your fuel pressure..
Old 05-08-2005, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

I will find out asap, i need to call Speed ink. to find out then!

Scott
Old 05-11-2005, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

Turned out to be a slow turning off fuel solinoid. When i got of "wide open throttle" the fuel didnt turn off as fast as the NOS. There for it was fluding my engine.....

Thanks Speed Inc. for the help!

Scott