Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Dioxide injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Dioxide injection

Has anyone ever heard of this, I seen it in a magazine but from what I know of Nitrous and propane I didn't figure it would work as a power adder but I thought I'd ask you guys. Does it actually add power when injected like nitrous?
Wolfee
PS,
I tried search but it kept coming up with a blank screen, search must be broken?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't possibl see how this would help anything.

Ryan
Old 05-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Maybe it was used as a push system?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A push system might be the reason. I have seen it done before with nitrogen. The problem is most race classes don't allow this type of pressure regulation.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gold Phoenix
A push system might be the reason. I have seen it done before with nitrogen. The problem is most race classes don't allow this type of pressure regulation.
The reason I believe Nitrogen is used for a push system rather than CO2 is due to the pressure changes that occur with heat and C02 vs heat and nitrogen. My Nitrogen has very little pressure change in heat.. CO2 pressure on the other hand will change a lot in heat..

Wolfee- What mag do you read this in?
Old 05-08-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

JCwhitney catalog, I know, most of the stuff in there is very questionable but it's fun to look through. It say's -Cryo2 systes and accessories-Start with the base system and add one or more of the accessories to maximize your vehicles power! Also says it lowers the air itake temperatures by up to 60% and produces bigger, better, more efficient engine output. It's made by DEI (design engineering inc.) Sounds like a bunch of hogwash to me but I thought I'd bring it up here and see what you guys thought. Sounds like something a ricer would have
Wolfee
Old 05-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Restricted User

Yuse Carbon Dioxide in an application like the N-tercooler. The CO2 is used in a cooling effect, sprayed through bars for cooling subwoofers, or Intercoolers.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wolfee
JCwhitney catalog, I know, most of the stuff in there is very questionable but it's fun to look through. It say's -Cryo2 systes and accessories-Start with the base system and add one or more of the accessories to maximize your vehicles power! Also says it lowers the air itake temperatures by up to 60% and produces bigger, better, more efficient engine output. It's made by DEI (design engineering inc.) Sounds like a bunch of hogwash to me but I thought I'd bring it up here and see what you guys thought. Sounds like something a ricer would have
Wolfee
Ohh I get what you are looking at... like CAT3 said its for cooling purposes and not injection into the motor.. Spray bars or coils are used to cool something ie intercooler, fuel cooler or intake cooler..
Old 05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
12 Second Truck Club

If I had the money, I'd get me a CryO2 system. Sounds pretty good to me.

http://www.designengineering.com/pro...asp?m=sc&cid=1