Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

do i need a new rear end?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need a new rear end?

description of car in sig, headers will be installed in the next few days, right now im running 334hp/342tq (stock) and I'm thinking about grabbing some slicks to put on....do you think i'll need to get a new rear end soon? if i get nitrous i wont be spraying off the line but I'm worried aobut snapping the 10bolt with teh slicks but i'll take it easy...Ill proibably just wait until i break the 10bolt and then get a strange12
Old 05-08-2005, 12:39 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

You should be fine if you take it easy off the line, with the DR's though its just going to be a matter of time till the rear end goes. Its basically hit or miss, I would just wait untill it brakes then get the 12 bolt. You should be able get a good amount of passes out of the 10 bolt.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lithium
You should be fine if you take it easy off the line, with the DR's though its just going to be a matter of time till the rear end goes. Its basically hit or miss, I would just wait untill it brakes then get the 12 bolt. You should be able get a good amount of passes out of the 10 bolt.

i road race too but usually form a roll like 50 or 70 with bikes and other cars, just messin around