Sponsored by:

I'm taking the plunge!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I'm taking the plunge!

First Post..

First, let me say this site is amazing. There wasn't a single question of mine that could not be answered by reading/searching this forum...That said I'm going to start my install on a 2004 ZO6 with the following:

TNT F2 Kit (100 shot initially, but I'm open to upping it at a later date).
Dynotune FPSS.
Dynotune Bottle Heater.
BMN Window Switch (3000-on 6200-off)
WOT Switch.
Auto meter Cobalt FP gauge and Nitrous gauge on A-Pillar Pod.
Dynotune Nitrous Switch Center.
Dynotune Purge System.
NKG-TR6 Plugs

Would appreciate it if the experts on here can review my wiring diagram so as to make sure I've done everything correctly. It's located here:

http://img108.echo.cx/img108/7028/doc29mf.jpg

My only other question is for those Corvette owners.. Unfortunately I can't put the bottle in the well as I currently have a sub woofer enclosure there. But I will still mount it in the trunk. I'm rather wary of drilling into the trunk for fear of hitting the gas tank and will, instead, make a mount out of carpeted wood that spans the length of the trunk and mount the bottle on that. Comments good or bad? Also, where did you cut a hole in the trunk to route the feed line?

Thanks again for a wonderful and educational forum.....

Last edited by ChrisLe; 05-08-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Go ahead and put the 150 on. Get it over with and you will not regret. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

yeah i have a buddy with a 2003 Z06 and he put the 150 on and that car moves and its been doing it for about 1 yr now 150 is a safe number for a z06
Old 05-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Roush
yeah i have a buddy with a 2003 Z06 and he put the 150 on and that car moves and its been doing it for about 1 yr now 150 is a safe number for a z06

Trust me when I say I'll be well on my way to 150+ sooner rather than later. I'm starting off at a 100 shot so I can gauge to what extent the vehicle's tires will or will not stay planted on pavement. I'll be running Nitto's 555R........My biggest concern is whether i screwed up the wiring...Anybody see anything wrong with it?

Thks....
Old 05-09-2005, 03:40 AM
On The Tree

Eh the 555R's are aright but if I were you I would put on the M/T ET street drag radial cost almost the same as the Nittos but will hook SOOOO much better
Old 05-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Restricted User

The wiring looks okay. I would have probably put the heater and opener on a seperate relay. Let me know the results of your spray run...it should be sweet!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
First Post..

First, let me say this site is amazing. There wasn't a single question of mine that could not be answered by reading/searching this forum...That said I'm going to start my install on a 2004 ZO6 with the following:

TNT F2 Kit (100 shot initially, but I'm open to upping it at a later date).
Dynotune FPSS.
Dynotune Bottle Heater.
BMN Window Switch (3000-on 6200-off)
WOT Switch.
Auto meter Cobalt FP gauge and Nitrous gauge on A-Pillar Pod.
Dynotune Nitrous Switch Center.
Dynotune Purge System.
NKG-TR6 Plugs

Would appreciate it if the experts on here can review my wiring diagram so as to make sure I've done everything correctly. It's located here:

http://img108.echo.cx/img108/7028/doc29mf.jpg

My only other question is for those Corvette owners.. Unfortunately I can't put the bottle in the well as I currently have a sub woofer enclosure there. But I will still mount it in the trunk. I'm rather wary of drilling into the trunk for fear of hitting the gas tank and will, instead, make a mount out of carpeted wood that spans the length of the trunk and mount the bottle on that. Comments good or bad? Also, where did you cut a hole in the trunk to route the feed line?

Thanks again for a wonderful and educational forum.....
Congrats man, good choice on the kit! The wiring diagram is perfect except we suggest a electronic WOT switch, other than that just get ready to invest in some tires
Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, 100hp hit right, once started it's never ending. Here's an option for your Bottle in the Z06. I just glued a piece of ply wood under the carpet, and you can't tell. I like my stuff on display, also, a little more detail work coming on bottle install. Other Z06 pics in my web concerning n2o, you need to go deep into pics for most recent incarnation.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Restricted User

Robert - you glued it to the carpet or the floor ? How are you running the line to the front? Where did you "poke" the hole in the trunk? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Restricted User

Nevermind....hahaa, I was being lazy and just looked at your site. You went through the door sill and under the carpet in the hatch...very nice!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glued it to floor with Gorilla Snot, as I didn't want to poke the tank either. The rear bracket is on a piece of UHMW (plastic) cut and bull nosed to fit the very top of angled spare well and through bolted, but I have a #15 pound bottle. The bottle noid will be turned foward and steel fitting will be changed to polised SS and blanket for bottle, then it will be done for now.