Sponsored by:

Got my motor back together and.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my motor back together and.. :(

So a lil background info....

So a lil ways back the motor was ticking took it apart to find out one of the lifters turned sideways so while i was in changing that i put a whole new set of comp cam lifters and springs and nice lil cam in along with some jethot headers. Got her all back together finally today. Ran some diesel through the motor a lil bit to try and flush out any metal shavings or anything that could be in there from the sideways lifter getting grinded down. So I fired up *open headers only* and man did she sound mean. Looked down and my guage says 0 oil pressure. I pulled the oil filter and drained it and then put it back on; fired it up and then took it off and it was full. So the motor got to be pushin oil somehow doesn't it? Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Chris
Old 05-09-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Did you reuse your oil pan gasket?

I had a issue like that (Low oil press after having the pan off) Turns out the seal was not good around the inside of where the filter was and it was just shooting back into the pan.

Also, did you break your sending unit? Did you plug it back in? Thoes are probably the first things I would check.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StylinZ
So a lil background info....

So a lil ways back the motor was ticking took it apart to find out one of the lifters turned sideways so while i was in changing that i put a whole new set of comp cam lifters and springs and nice lil cam in along with some jethot headers. Got her all back together finally today. Ran some diesel through the motor a lil bit to try and flush out any metal shavings or anything that could be in there from the sideways lifter getting grinded down. So I fired up *open headers only* and man did she sound mean. Looked down and my guage says 0 oil pressure. I pulled the oil filter and drained it and then put it back on; fired it up and then took it off and it was full. So the motor got to be pushin oil somehow doesn't it? Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Chris
Just because you have oil on your dipstick doesnt mean your oil pump is actually pumping oil. If your gauge reads zero I wouldnt runthe motor until I figured out why. Maybe you unplugged the sending unit ? maybe you arent getting any oil at all and every second your engine runs it is running with no oil? might wanna check.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Teching In

umm i didn't say the stick. i said the filter. Drained the filter put it back on cranked for like 2 seconds turned it off, took the filter out and it was full again. Where is the sending unit on the cars i don't think i unplugged it but i'll check if i can figure out where it is.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Teching In

theres a oil preasure sending unit sensor right behind the intake on the back of the motor, it screws right into the top of the block behing the intake
Old 05-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Ah thanks! i did bump that thing a few times. I'll have to check it out t'morrow thanks!