Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

po300?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question po300?

Finally got it running , but I still have a couple of bugs to work out. I have an Actron scanner to retrieve and erase codes. It was saying that i had a po307( #7 cylinder misfire). I thought that it was the plug wire and switched the #1 and #7 wires to see what would happen. It changed the code to a po300, swap the the wires back erase the code and it would go back to po307. I put a new set of wires and now it is back to po300, what's the deal? Do i maybe have a bad coil or the plug itself? This is a crate engine so none of the parts are old or used. All i want to do is drive my jeep, any suggestions? Would a mechanic with a better scanner be able to tell me anything more?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Restricted User

Are you using the PCM from your old engine with the new engine?
Did you perform a CASE (Crank Angle Sensor Error) relearn?
Read this http://www.seattleautomotive.com/ckpdoc.htm for some background info on what you need to do when changing engine/PCM combinations.

You can perform a CASE relearn procedure using EFILive's Scan Tool.
Or your dealer can do it for you with their Tech2 handheld tool.

Regards
Paul
Old 05-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EFIlive
Are you using the PCM from your old engine with the new engine?
Did you perform a CASE (Crank Angle Sensor Error) relearn?
Read this http://www.seattleautomotive.com/ckpdoc.htm for some background info on what you need to do when changing engine/PCM combinations.

You can perform a CASE relearn procedure using EFILive's Scan Tool.
Or your dealer can do it for you with their Tech2 handheld tool.

Regards
Paul
I am not sure but from what i read it sounds like not setting the CPK would cause it to through a false code. Mine is really missfiring. It does not do it at idle only when i get on it. I will look into the CPK learn though as i did not do this after i got the computer burned. Thanks for the help