Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

rear and gear questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear and gear questions...

I finally forsee a new rear in my very near future and had some questions. I have an a4 with a 3500 stall and will be doing a cam although I haven't decided which cam yet.
Since day one I've pretty much known that I would put 3.73's in the rear but I drove my bud's a4 vette with 3.90's and liked the feel of those. I was wondering what ( if any ) are the downsides to 3.90's in a auto? Gas mileage is a non-issue because I'm not modding my car for gas mileage .I read a mag one time where they were building an A4 LS1 camaro and had 4.10's in it but had some sort of problems with the PCM and went back to 3.73's. I don't remember the problem they had with it. Anyone know what it might have been? I have a stack of about 1.6 million mag's in the bathroom that I could dig through and maybe find the article.
As far as the rear question. I intend to get a strange 12 bolt as I've read a ton of good things about them and I like the fact they come put together and ready to bolt in basically. Some guys at work were telling me one of our suppliers does rear ends and I should talk to him because he would give me a good deal on one. I asked what brand of rearends he does and they said Currie. Anyone have or know anyone that's running a Currie 12 bolt and if they've had success with it?