Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam only???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam only???

I am thinking of selling my NX MAF kit and going cam only. What do you guys think? I can see that spraying is going to get pretty expensive considering I have already been through a bottle and haven't even sprayed it at the track yet. It emptied a little quicker than I thought. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I am kinda leaning that way. I figure I can run a cam only car until I can build me a FI motor. I mean cam only cars are not slow...anyway, just like to get some opinions. Thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 11:04 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

cam = more reliabliability than nitrous, IMO. I'd rather not have the neccessary refilling if I didn't have too, and especially if you can get the cam streetable/tuned. plus FI down the line is always a decent goal. I agree, go cam. (and heads too if possible! )

Brad
Old 05-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

I'd get a cam that will work N/A and FI. Keep the LSA @ 114 or higher for best results with the blower. If you are going FI or keeping nitrous I'd have the exhaust duration 4 degrees higher than the Intake duration. The engine will have no problem getting air in with FI or NOS, but getting all the air OUT so it can get a clean fresh charge is key.