Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogart Wheels

I was wondering what would a set-up liek this cost:
-BOGART 10x15 D-10 drag rims w/ BFG 275/50/15 comp/ta drag radials
-BOGART 4x15 D-10 drag rims w/ 165r15 radial "skinnys"
saw an SS on car domain with them and was wondering how much it would all cost to put on and would they bolt right on?
i have currently the rims in my sig. but after seeing those bogarts they look so sick and i love how the cars with big tires in the back sit high in the rear.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give us a call or e-mail and we can help you out with any questions or concerns you may have.

You can directly e-mail at sjmmanufactucing@verizon.net as well as call us at 412 508 0634

Steve
Old 05-10-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Steve I really like the Bogart wheels they look great. I have a question though. I don't do a ton of racing and would really like the wheels for street use. Would they hold up? I hear some say they won't.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

too light for street use

hit a pothole and youll have a really expensive taco attached to your car
Old 05-10-2005, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
too light for street use

hit a pothole and youll have a really expensive taco attached to your car

I ran these on the street before the motor blew. I live in Missouri which ranks among the nations worst for roads. If you avoid the "big" potholes, you will be just fine on the street with these wheels.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
FormerVendor

I can't tell you to use them for the street as they are built for drag racing. My analogy I give everyone is if we manufactured an off-road pipe which is not legal for street use, I could not tell you to use that either... Get my drift :-).

I can tell you P1 rims are very strong and solution hardened/stress relieved. They are not just CNC cut components and bolted together or welded together. Pluck one of our rims, then pluck another brands drag rim, ours will "ring" unlike some others which can give just a thud sound.

From a longevity standpoint, we now have a VERY good history report of P1's used on F-bodies. Offhand, we have had LESS then 5 rims damaged from street use, this is from EVERY one produced for an F-body from ~4 year history. I'm sure folks whom have the rims could chime in and tell you their history. It seems many use them against our recommendation some folks use them 100% of the time. This history should be a good real world test of how strong the P1 F-body series rim is.

If you feel comfortable using other drag rims which are not intended for street use i.e. welds etc, then by all means you could feel just as comfortable using ours. My comments are not to be taken as an approval to be used, please keep this in mind. I am relating history from F-body setups.

If by chance you did damage a rim, we have a repair policy that we can correct your misfortune for a MINIMAL charge (so you don't have an expensive "taco" attached to your car.)

The folks that state they are weak, more then likely haven't used them or are referring to a different series rim that we produce, they certainly aren't referring to any P1 F-body setups, if they are, I'm uncertain to what history they are referring.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

cool thanks Steve.I understand that you can't give me an "ok". To tell the truth I wouldn't be using them all the time just when I go and race and don't feel like putting my street wheels back on the same night so I can go to work the next day. I've seen a lot of people go around with weld pro stars and drag lights on their cars so I figured I would look into the Bogarts, I really don't want to gride calipars and use spacers. what about the RR wheels? I had my eye on a set of the TT10s but the bolted D10 looks pretty close so I may just go with those
Old 05-11-2005, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

The RR rims are a completely different setup meant for a different type of racing. They are meant to take much higher stress loads seen in road race applications. They are heavier then the drag rims of course. A rear 17x11 for an LS1 build would weigh ~17-18lbs.

The bolted D10's were created to match the RR 10's. This was done to accommodate guys wanting to use the drag rims in the rear but have a road race rim up front which enabled them to use a wide tire.