PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC-1 wideband trouble

Old 05-11-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LC-1 wideband trouble

Just finished installing the LC-1 and am having all kinds of instability problems. the short version is after confirming all system power and grounds are suitable, reading voltages straight from the analog 1 or 2 wires give a steady 4.96 volts....until the car is fired up. Once the car is running I have very erratic voltage readings anything from mv to 2 or 3 DCV on up to 5 DCV but the thing is jumping around so much can never really say what the voltage is.

Innovate is sending some components for troubleshooting....just wondering if anyone here has run into this problem or am I just the lucky one.....again
Old 05-11-2005, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Well if your the only one, it's only because I haven't bought mine yet!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the LC1 software configurable? w/the LM1 you have to configure the outputs ...
Old 05-11-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

supposed to be.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
is the LC1 software configurable? w/the LM1 you have to configure the outputs ...
Yes it is. I am having the same trouble whether using the Innovate factory defaults or configuring for the 5DCV output. Innovate seems stumped as well at this point. I have tried changing ground points, and powering directly to the car battery. nothing stabilizes the voltage outputs. Tomorrow I am going to radio shack to get some audio adaptors, see if I can read the voltage on the serial ouput.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Greg_E
Well if your the only one, it's only because I haven't bought mine yet!
glad I am not alone when it comes to the black cloud syndrome
Old 05-12-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

b727pic : keep me up to date.... I'lll call innovate for ya if it helps..... (I've called them several times and they have always helped me out)
Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
b727pic : keep me up to date.... I'lll call innovate for ya if it helps..... (I've called them several times and they have always helped me out)
Thanks......Innovate has been great to deal with. Considering I did not purchase the LC-1 from them directly (back ordered) they are still offering to send a complete new LC-1 in hopes I just have a glitch in mine. Will keep you posted with the results
Old 05-12-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Have you tried starting the car and then after a few seconds powering up the LC-1? Maybe if you have it hooked up to an ignition source it is throwing off the voltage somehow..
Old 05-12-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Have you tried starting the car and then after a few seconds powering up the LC-1? Maybe if you have it hooked up to an ignition source it is throwing off the voltage somehow..
Having heard all kinds of stories about wideband reliability issues, I called innovate prior to the installation. The tech who I talked with felt that the biggest issue is with the sensor heater being powered without any exhaust flow going past it....ie sitting with the radio blasting, or any time the key is in the run position without the engine running. So I found a circuit.... the fuel pump relay that is controlled by the ecm. I piggybacked off of that source. So now my sensor is only powered when the engine is running.

However as part of my troubleshooting efforts I bypassed this route and went directly to the battery........still have the same erratic voltage issues.

Search this Thread