Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with transmission

ok i got a 2000 camaro ss (71000 stock clutch) still when i drive around normal it shifts fine and smooth but when i get on it sometimes the clutch pedel sometime goes to the floor a little and soemtiems it doesnt. Also when i get on it i noticed a couple times i can shift 1st and 2nd just fine but when i try to put it in 3rd it doesnt let me or any other gear i have to wiggle the stick back and forth and and then it will let me in any gear. Is it my slave cylinder or shift forks or what.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SLP4CamaroSS
ok i got a 2000 camaro ss (71000 stock clutch) still when i drive around normal it shifts fine and smooth but when i get on it sometimes the clutch pedel sometime goes to the floor a little and soemtiems it doesnt. Also when i get on it i noticed a couple times i can shift 1st and 2nd just fine but when i try to put it in 3rd it doesnt let me or any other gear i have to wiggle the stick back and forth and and then it will let me in any gear. Is it my slave cylinder or shift forks or what.
sounds like you have 2 problems. i would install a new master and slave cylinders,as well as new shift fork and 3-4 syncro.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

i might as well get a new clutch, slave, and rebuilt tranny waht all tranny parts do i need for a rebuild
Old 05-12-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check out D&D they have a nice selection of aftermarket parts for the T56. most importantly. shift forks and synchros.

Quick Reply: Help with transmission