LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Predator - Rwtd- They Suck !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Predator - Rwtd- They Suck !!!

My experiene with the Predator handheld programer and RWTD (their custom tuning site.)
My first custom tuning took months to be completed.
I asked for the second one (cam installed) 3-4 weeks before they closed down ther site (RWTD), it was down for about a month, it's been opened now but still no tune yet.
While they state that to get a custom tune it takes 2-3 business days.
Normally after a tune you need to monitor some live data and e-mail it back to them and they work again on the tune, a couple of cycle of this and you would be done.
Quick search on Predator on this site and all what will come up is the moths of waiting.

So Guys stay away from Predator and RWTD unless you don't care if your tune will be completed in half a year.
I will update this after they come up with my new tune (what I don't need now) just to let you Guys know how long it took for them from the date when I actually asked for a new custom tune.

Last edited by TheHun; 05-13-2005 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

I would put all the blame on RWTD. His turn around times have been **** for almost two years and it has been no big secret. I only deal directly with johan@diablosport.com , even after that nasty hurricane they got last year he still had my tune to me in less than 36 hours, usually takes 24 hours.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Launching!

I have never had a problem, always got back to me within a day. Bad luck?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

I've met with James at RWTD in discussion of my possible employment there. He is just not able to cover everything right now due to the new shop and the rapidly growing business. He has been slammed since he started and has been hard to get ahold of at times. Within the coming weeks, he will have another person working with him. If I do indeed get the job, I'll be in pursuit of the ls1 market as that is what I know. I can assure you that the tunes will be done correctly and promptly. With that being said here is a direct quote from James. And your new tune will be there shortly as I just spoke to him personally.

Everyone,

I have sent emails over the last 3 to 6+ weeks explaining what has been going on, and why. I promise you it's going to get better with the response time, and the services offered (much better, actually). I have just invested over $100k in the last 2 months on a new dyno tuning facillity (includes a new Dynojet 224xLC, shop equipment, computers, signs, advertising, etc.) attempting to make things better for you all, and myself, and over the period of the next couple of years I'm going to more than triple that investment. Guess what, I put my personal financial life on the line and have stuck my neck out to do this. I have four times more money going out right now than I have coming in. Going about this the wrong way could literally ruin me forever. Is this something that any of you would believe I would want to do to myself?

Furthermore, I can assure everyone that I'm not easily upset at all, and I am a very patient person in life. I've learned through my years that discussing the inadequancies of others is not going to make me feel better about how I may think of them. Just think about that for a few. I can't work any harder than 110% right now. As much as I'd love to for all of you, I just can't. I've gone from a 1 man show (lil ole me) to now having my own performance shop, multiple employees, etc. That's a lot of overhead, and it's a HUGE jump from where I was. Once upon a time quite a few other big names also went through this same process, and the same ordeals with the threads/posts on the forums. All in all, I'm so very sorry for the delays and inconveniences, but one day you will all look back and will be glad you put up with my tremendous growing pains. :wink:

FWIW, contacting me via email is not the proper means to contact RWTD (see here: www.runninwiththedevil.com/contact.htm ). We'll be using the support forums, and the phones for contact (we have 3 incoming lines now, and will add more as needed), and at times there may be some email. Yes, the support forums are down for posting (it's detailed out on the main page about such: www.DiabloSportTuning.com ), but they are up for Cobra owners for reading their posts and downloading of their custom tunes. You will all start to see other RWTD employees posting on the various sites like MF'er.com (ModularFords.com, lol), here at the NLOC.net, LS2.com, LS1GTO.com, etc., and these same employees will be handling sales and tech support over time, as well.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by John02SS
I've met with James at RWTD in discussion of my possible employment there. He is just not able to cover everything right now due to the new shop and the rapidly growing business. He has been slammed since he started and has been hard to get ahold of at times. Within the coming weeks, he will have another person working with him. If I do indeed get the job, I'll be in pursuit of the ls1 market as that is what I know. I can assure you that the tunes will be done correctly and promptly. With that being said here is a direct quote from James. And your new tune will be there shortly as I just spoke to him personally.

Everyone,

I have sent emails over the last 3 to 6+ weeks explaining what has been going on, and why. I promise you it's going to get better with the response time, and the services offered (much better, actually). I have just invested over $100k in the last 2 months on a new dyno tuning facillity (includes a new Dynojet 224xLC, shop equipment, computers, signs, advertising, etc.) attempting to make things better for you all, and myself, and over the period of the next couple of years I'm going to more than triple that investment. Guess what, I put my personal financial life on the line and have stuck my neck out to do this. I have four times more money going out right now than I have coming in. Going about this the wrong way could literally ruin me forever. Is this something that any of you would believe I would want to do to myself?

Furthermore, I can assure everyone that I'm not easily upset at all, and I am a very patient person in life. I've learned through my years that discussing the inadequancies of others is not going to make me feel better about how I may think of them. Just think about that for a few. I can't work any harder than 110% right now. As much as I'd love to for all of you, I just can't. I've gone from a 1 man show (lil ole me) to now having my own performance shop, multiple employees, etc. That's a lot of overhead, and it's a HUGE jump from where I was. Once upon a time quite a few other big names also went through this same process, and the same ordeals with the threads/posts on the forums. All in all, I'm so very sorry for the delays and inconveniences, but one day you will all look back and will be glad you put up with my tremendous growing pains. :wink:

FWIW, contacting me via email is not the proper means to contact RWTD (see here: www.runninwiththedevil.com/contact.htm ). We'll be using the support forums, and the phones for contact (we have 3 incoming lines now, and will add more as needed), and at times there may be some email. Yes, the support forums are down for posting (it's detailed out on the main page about such: www.DiabloSportTuning.com ), but they are up for Cobra owners for reading their posts and downloading of their custom tunes. You will all start to see other RWTD employees posting on the various sites like MF'er.com (ModularFords.com, lol), here at the NLOC.net, LS2.com, LS1GTO.com, etc., and these same employees will be handling sales and tech support over time, as well.

Whatever is the reason I waited for a month before they closed down their forum, and the forum has been reopened two weeks by now but still no tune.
This is not the way you supposed to deal with customers.

Now we have the second date, when the GM forum will be opened.
The first attempt failed.

Last edited by TheHun; 05-28-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Predator - Rwtd- They Suck !!!