Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch and Tranny Trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and Tranny Trouble!

This all started about a week ago. the clutch wouldn't fully disengage or engage. took it to the shop i had the clutch installed at. pulled the tranny and said the main seal on the trans busted and the tranny fluid got all in the clutch and that there is some internal damage to the tranny. My question: is the clutch going to be useable after being soaked in tranny fluid and the transmission had been giving me some trouble going into gear and would grind quite often and was very loud while driving. is it worth having it rebuilt or just buying a new viper spec t56. thanks in advance
Old 05-13-2005, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know but whatever it is seems like it is there fault and they should pay for it
Old 05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect the installer damaged the pilot .
Old 05-17-2005, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't take a chance on a disk that has taken a bath in ATF. As far as the tranny, I'd probably be inclined to buy another one, but that's a shot in the dark, so there's no good answer. I've seen some posts where guys had their trannys rebuilt. Do a search and see what you can find. As much as anything, your problem is the cost of paying somebody else to do the work.

Quick Reply: Clutch and Tranny Trouble!