PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuner KICKS LS1EDITS ASS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPTuner KICKS LS1EDITS ***!!!!!!!

like I said........HPTuner > LS1Edit hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its "nicer" to use (better layout and screens), cheaper, got rid of having to carry the AutoTap box around to read (FINALLY...ONE F*CKING CABLE!!!!!!! ), and HOLY SH*T does it download fast.........

I can drive down the freeway and "read"...see something I want to change......pull over/cut the car off....and in ~15-25 seconds I'm cranked back up and driving down the road.........

LS1Edit was 2-3 mins easy....some times more.......(and OMG did I almost SH*T myself at times when it would "jump" and I thought it was crashing....)...

so to sum up.....AWSOME PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(note: the ONLY downside I have is the shipping......from the time it left their place till it got to me was almost 2 weeks.......must have gone Chicago-to-Phoenix by way of Bangladesh.........I would have been more than happy to add another $5-$10 for shipping if I had known they sent it "donkey post"... )....
Old 05-13-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

HP tuners is my next 'modification'. I like seeing threads like this.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

I looked at EFILive but the added features of it's scanner couldn't warrant the extra $300......
Old 05-13-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the club
Old 05-13-2005, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
I looked at EFILive but the added features of it's scanner couldn't warrant the extra $300......
Its the freebys that will make the difference in the long run , no paying for software support/updates , free 2 bar and speed density upgrades, lean cruise updates and a kick *** scanner.

You get what you pay for in this world fortunately
Old 05-13-2005, 08:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomcat
Its the freebys that will make the difference in the long run , no paying for software support/updates , free 2 bar and speed density upgrades, lean cruise updates and a kick *** scanner.

not to mention it comes like hptuners enhanced version which anyone thats actually "tuning" the car would want to have meaning its only a $50 price difference.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tomcat

amazing use of contradiction in this post Dan

Just to clarify a little:

HPTuners
- Support is FREE forever
- Bugfixes are FREE forever
- a major software update such as 1.x to 2.x is $99. It is optional and does NOT have to be paid for on an annual basis.

We think our operating system enhancemnets are not unreasonably priced for the effort required to develop them and their functionality/place within the market they fit. eg. $299 for tuning capability on a $5-20k forced induction setup is not unreasonable. In any case the market will decide as we move forward with these things. Also, our operating system enhancements are very simple to apply to any stock binary and are developed for all operating systems we support not just one or two.

Chris...
Old 05-13-2005, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gameover
amazing use of contradiction in this post Dan

Just to clarify a little:

HPTuners
- Support is FREE forever
- Bugfixes are FREE forever
- a major software update such as 1.x to 2.x is $99. It is optional and does NOT have to be paid for on an annual basis.

We think our operating system enhancemnets are not unreasonably priced for the effort required to develop them and their functionality/place within the market they fit. eg. $299 for tuning capability on a $5-20k forced induction setup is not unreasonable. In any case the market will decide as we move forward with these things. Also, our operating system enhancements are very simple to apply to any stock binary and are developed for all operating systems we support not just one or two.

Chris...
Was never meant as a contridiction Chris
I wil rephrase it then you then Chris , software updates be they minor or major are free with EFILIVE for life as I have experienced

So 2 bar is available now for 98's and V6 then as well as speed density ?

The EFILIVE binary updates are for all their supported operating systems I believe and I would asume they are spending the same amount of time compling new code as yourself as a customer service rather than add on costs.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Launching!

HP Tuners all the way expecially when 2.0 gets on the market!
Old 05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think hptuners puts way more effort than anyone out there into there product. i think 2.0 will show that. the only negative thing i have seen with hptuners is there update status, but even that is understandable because they are working on stuff that they dont want anyone else to take away from them. i would keep my stuff a secret to so no one copied me. everything else is top notch. if there is a problem they will respond to you in less than a day with a solution not just a maybe this or that. i would recommend hptuners to any one . they are the best all around company even with three people running the business . we are awaiting 2.0
Old 05-13-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upgrading to HPT was a no brainer. I was hoping thar Carputing would release a decent scanner. Even if they did, it still would have been subpar. I was amazed at how fast HPT was writing to the PCM.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.0 is even easier to use than our current software.

There is no doubt that VCM Suite 2.0 will be the easiest by far for any first time user.. and yet still have all the power that our tunershop customers demand.

No matter how advanced your tuning skills are, the easier the product is to use the more you'll get accomplished and I am certain we have accomplished that with VCM Suite 2.0

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 05-13-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Magnus
HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.0 is even easier to use than our current software.
Any release dates yet?
Old 05-13-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs up

HP Tuners ROCK!!!! I dont regret this Mod,I love it!!!!There support is great too
So VCM Suite 2.0 is easier? Hmmm it looks like I had better spend the extra 99.00

Scott
Old 05-14-2005, 02:23 AM
11 Second Club

I just waiting for the USB...
Old 05-14-2005, 05:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Blacker
Upgrading to HPT was a no brainer. I was hoping thar Carputing would release a decent scanner. Even if they did, it still would have been subpar. I was amazed at how fast HPT was writing to the PCM.

Didn't think to mention it, but what FORCED me to ditch LS1Edit was that I have been waiting for over a year now for them to make an updated version that would work with Windows XP updates.

Every time I wanted to tune I had to remove the updates from my laptop so LS1Edit would work, go tune, and then re-download the updates.......talk about a PITA...
Old 05-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Absolutely. HP Tuners Rocks! Great product, easy to use and great support folks. Keith, Chris and all the other folks: keep up your great work !

Jochen
Old 05-14-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

it will be better next week.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do people still use LS1edit?..lol. I hope not. If so, WAKE UP!