Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heeelllllppp Transgo install problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heeelllllppp Transgo install problem?

Hey all I am installing my transgo shift kit I am at the last step on the 4th accumulator. I cant find mine did I loose it or was it not in there. The instructions show it but the last line says install as shown even if it wasnt that way originally.
Well I pulled the valve body last night and went to finish today and dont know if I removed it last night or what but it is not anywhere?
I think the tranny is from a truck but am not positive?
Understand? and please help...
Dave
Old 05-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fourth accumulator is in the case right above the seperator plate, below it is the second accumulator and housing that is held on with three bolts. This is looking at it with the trans in the vehicle.
I guess if you took the vb and plate off, carried it to a workbench to do the work, the 4th accumulator piston might have stayed in the case and later fell out and rolled.
Maybe someone plugged the feed hole and left it out, not sure if you can do that or not, I always put it back in after plugging the feed hole even though the piston should do nothing with the hole plugged.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

jason thanks I am going back I think it is below the spring (my tranny is out and upside down) The picture on teh instruction show it the other way so I am going to check now but do I install this as shown in the instructions or as it is coming out (opposite of the picture)
Thanks Dave
Old 05-14-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok well after some quick search on the board I found my piston is there it is just opposite of the instructions. So my questions is I guess I follow the install? currently mine had the spring then the piston against the body with teh legs away from the body. the instructions say to put the spring in first then the piston in with the legs toward the tranny body. is ths what everybody has done?

also I am not sure what kit I have? it is pretty complex and I didnt see any reference to the washers you guys have talked about on the accumulators? anyway it says it is a transgo shift kit for the 4l60e so Iam doing it...
AGAin thanks
Dave
Old 05-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The spring on my 2002 camaro went on the opposite side after the kit. I installed it just as the instructions say to, spring first then piston.
But I did also block the accumulator feed so that accumulator should be disabled on my car.
The kit should have a number on the box and the first page of the instructions. The one in my car is a 4L60E-HD2-B.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the number on the box is SK 4L60E series L I got it from a local tranny shop.
thanks again that is how I installed
dave