Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Mystery no start issue.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mystery no start issue.

Lately my TA has not been starting for me right away, sometimes not at all. This is an issue I noticed awhile ago and has gotten progessively worse. I'll insert key, turn and engine cranks hard with no start. I would check key and chip and make sure they're clean, still no start. The only think I could figure is this is a fuel system issue. What I found out is that if I unscrew my gas cap and put it back on with the 3 clicks, it starts up.

Does anyone know what's going on here?
Old 05-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Banned

Nobody knows? I should probably also add that this happens on warm starts.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

i know youre supposed to tighten the fuel cap on at least 3 clicks. if you dont, you could trigger a check engine light. weird that it wont start though. id guess maybe a fuel filter. when was the last time you changed it? if you ran a tank down real low you couldve sucked some crap in there. my friends 97Z wouldnt start, and when it did, it ran like major ***. it was a clogged fuel filter from him letting it run own too much. you couldnt even blow through the filter.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

i dunno about ls1s but on Gen I small blocks this is usually due to a bad fuel pump relay. my buddy just replaced his for 10 bucks on his 94(?) silverado. he says it drives better now also. ill be doing it soon on my 91 trans am to see if it fixes my major stumbling issue. but then again i dunno if ls1s have a fuel pump relay or not. something to check tho.