Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Wierd fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wierd fuel issue

Thought I would throw this in here even though it's on my Z71. My truck will NOT crank on it's on. I've replaced every sensor, coil, ecm and any thing else imaginable. The engine turns over fine and I have 65-70 psi at the rail. Spark is also there. If I put a cup of gas down the TB, the truck will crank and run fine. As soon as I turn it off, it will not re-crank. For some reason, the truck is needing a prime to start and I'm not sure why. Is this some kind of vapor lock situation or what? One thing that I found weird is that my fuel sits at about 72psi @ idle. From what I gathered, it should be around 55-60 psi @idle. Could the regulator be bad? Could that cause it not to crank? I'm completly boggled.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds werird. you say in turns over, but wont crank??? so crank for you means run? i would think maybe a bad cam or crank sensor. make sure all the harnessses are in and tight. perhaps a bad coolant temp sender? autotap it. but it its getting spark, fuel, and the starter is turing it over, than id have to imagine its computer related. check those two sensors and autotap it. is it throwing codes? let us know...
Old 05-21-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done everything imaginable. I swapped every single sensor that I believed to be related to the problem off my brothers truck and it still hasn't changed. I even swapped ECM's and nothing. The fuel pressures were identical between the 2 trucks, so there is no problem there. I'm wondering if there is a fuel pickup sensor like the older chevy's?