Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy, anyone willing to help with header install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy, anyone willing to help with header install?

I've got QTP headers and their electric cutout y-pipe to install. I have access to a full lift, but that's only on the weekend. I'm planning on starting this sat. the 21st around 3 and doing what I can. Then I'll have the lift all day sunday also for whatever is still left. I've got my father to help and another mechanically inclined friend, but none of us have any experience with my car. Having someone who has done a longtube install before would make things much easier. If anyone would be willing to help out either day, but especially saturday because then you could help explain whatever else was left. If someone would be willing to help, but this weekend doesn't work, I could wait until next weekend also if you'd be willing to help out then. If anyone could help out it'd be greatly appreciated. I'd be willing to help you out a bit for your trouble also.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish i could help but i have to work on sat. if you still have anything left on sunday i could make it down. its always good to have someone around that has done something before. just take your time its pretty easy just time consuming. passengers usually go in easier than the drivers. you may have to take out you spark plugs and wires for clearence. i would recomend on going and getting new gaskets from GM, as they hold up better than paper gaskets. thay are about 11 bucks for each side. it was easier to do that i orginally thought. so good luck.