Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix, need your help on a new pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Racetronix, need your help on a new pump

My stock fuel pump just went with a wicked loud noise while it was on. I ordered the Racetronix pump and installed it with no difficulty.

Noticed that the car sometimes doesnt like to start right off like it used to. No biggie, just figured it was the charistics of the new one. Well now with about 1200 miles on the new pump, i have noticed the pump is a lot louder, like can hear it with the window down on the highway with the radio up, and it seems to be making a ringing sound in the tank. Notice that it idles a bit rougher, but still seems to be delivering plenty of fuel.

Can ANYBODY help me with these noises, am I about to have to buy ANOTHER damn pump?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody.....anybody????

Bueller......bueller?????????
Old 05-18-2005, 02:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Z28_98
My stock fuel pump just went with a wicked loud noise while it was on. I ordered the Racetronix pump and installed it with no difficulty.

Noticed that the car sometimes doesnt like to start right off like it used to. No biggie, just figured it was the charistics of the new one. Well now with about 1200 miles on the new pump, i have noticed the pump is a lot louder, like can hear it with the window down on the highway with the radio up, and it seems to be making a ringing sound in the tank. Notice that it idles a bit rougher, but still seems to be delivering plenty of fuel.

Can ANYBODY help me with these noises, am I about to have to buy ANOTHER damn pump?
The only way to diagnose the pump is with a fuel pressure gauge. Do you have one which you can monitor while driving the car?

You should consider e-mailing support@racetronix.com with this information for faster answers to your questions.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<