Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcloed clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcloed clutch question

I have Mcloed Kevlar/Organic clutch with steel flywheel and adjustable master slave. Its been working great when I had 390rwhp for along time (Almost 2 years and 4-6K miles), but when I installed the blower the Mcloed just couldn’t handle sticky tires, 3900lbs and 550rwhp launches. The strange thing is the Mcloed is working fine on the streets now when I get wheel spin. It is not slipping when I load the clutch in 6th gear full throttle. I guess it’s just not made to withstand such power and weight on sticky tires. So I just bought the Textrila OZ700 and I was wondering if the Mcloed can be sent to get maintained so I can sell it.

So my question is.... Will Mcloed perform maintenance or check up on a clutch that has been used for almost 2 years and 4-6K miles? And how much would they charge to do a check up on the clutch kit before I sell it?
Im sure the flywheel, pressure plate and master are in great shape, but I think they might need to check on the clutch disc it self to make sure there are enough material on it.

Anyone know the answer?
Old 05-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Yes, just call them. You'll basically get equivelant to a brand new clutch back for a fraction of the price.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TAGOES11S
Yes, just call them. You'll basically get equivelant to a brand new clutch back for a fraction of the price.
I called them today and they were helpful. They said 550rwhp in a 3900lbs with sticky tires is pushing the single disc Mcloed and that is why it started slipping. He said as long as i get wheel spin then i should be fine. Anyways their rebuild prices are not bad at all.
The prices are as follow:
$80 for a new disc.
$180 for a new pressure plate if needed.
and $25 for resurfacing the flywheel.
The sweet thing is that they give full warranty on the clutch kit.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmmm maybe ill send mine in--thats alot cheaper than a new one. how much in labor or is that included?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
hmmmm maybe ill send mine in--thats alot cheaper than a new one. how much in labor or is that included?
Its included. Im trying to sell mine now because i bought OZ700 already.