Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Balancing PP&fly spec3

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancing PP&fly spec3

Everyone I call thinks I am blowing smoke up their ***. Nobody around here has ever head of mating the pressureplate to the flywheel and 0 balancing them... They only do resufacing of the flywheel...Can anybody help me out or know of a shop that does this in the VA area?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Default LOL...I Feel your pain

Originally Posted by Vertigo
Everyone I call thinks I am blowing smoke up their ***. Nobody around here has ever head of mating the pressureplate to the flywheel and 0 balancing them... They only do resufacing of the flywheel...Can anybody help me out or know of a shop that does this in the VA area?
I too am in the VA area and have run into the S-A-M-E situation. I have the spec 3 and billet fw and no one understands when i say "ZERO BALANCE them please". If you find something out, post back here as I'm sure we aren't the only two looking to do this. You could also try calling spec, i'm sure they will do that for you (guessing you'd have to pay shipping and labor, however).

Goodluck, man!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

ok i think i may have found something...this guy runs this shop out of his backyard and does internal balancing....AND you'll never believe this!! HE HAS HIS VERY OWN DYNO!!! Since he doesn't advertise i went over there yesterday with my kneepads to see if he was in...Unfortunately not..but i left a note! Will let you know asap!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to a guy like that and he balanced mine very well. Don't send it to Spec, they can't balance anything worth a damn.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cal
I went to a guy like that and he balanced mine very well. Don't send it to Spec, they can't balance anything worth a damn.
Good to know. I called Spec to get a price on repucking vs a new pad...repucking was $80 new pad was $160. Also does anybody know if the pressure plate needs to be turned?