View Full Version : H & C w/automatic & Moser 12 bolt #'s inside

Anonymous
05-18-2005, 09:06 PM
My Cartek Heads and Cam Camaro just dynoed 443 Hp and 398 ftlbs.

That is with a 3X cam and 241 heads. (Who needs 243 castings)

No ported throttle body, no ported intake, no shortbelt, no tricks.

This was an NA pull for a car tuned for N20. (TR6 plugs, 1-7/8 headers etc.)

Here is the best part... the car has an automatic. a stock 4L60-E
and a Moser rear which takes more power to turn.
It even has the stock steel drive shaft.

I switched my Kooks headers Catted Y-pipe out for an off road pipe.

Julio tuned it and walla 443 HP.

If I go LSX and 90mm TB I am sure to break 450 if not 460 RWHP NA. Add in an aluminum driveshaft and a short belt and watch out.

Can you tell I'm happy?

Dave I hate to admit it but you were right again.

Thanks to Julio, Dave, Roy and Rich. The car was in, parts changed, Dynoed and out all in the same day. Pollen didn't even get a chance to fall on it.

00RedWs6
05-18-2005, 09:09 PM
nice #s. not often you see an automatic lay down those numbers.

Anonymous
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
nice #s. not often you see an automatic lay down those numbers.

Thanks, my thoughts exactly.
I would like to break the 450 barrier. So close yet so far....

Time for more mods I guess?

JS
05-18-2005, 11:46 PM
I Went 10.80's@124 threw an A4
S1 LS6 heads ported locally with a TR224 and all the boltons...
I never had it on a dyno but I bet it was a bout 430RW...

I bet with traction u have a 10 Sec car...
Impressive numbers Anon......

Anonymous
05-19-2005, 12:04 AM

Thanks again.

Yeah 10.80's is no joke. 430 sounds right.

I would like to get in the 10's NA, but I don't know.

I have a lot of compromises in my set up for the N2O.

Converter, gearing, header diameter, spark plugs etc...

That is why I am so surprised by the dyno #'s. I didn't expect it to respond as well as it did. But we race cars not dyno's. We shall see.
All things being equal whether the number are a little high or a little low, they have to be in the ball park. The weather outside was average so I figure on a hot day 425hp, in the winter at Atco 460hp. Even compared to other Cartek cars I am making great power so I am using that as a barometer.
As opposed to other dyno's that I have no experience with.

If I can upset some six speed Cartek customers something must be right!

Wicked_Hugger99
05-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Great numbers man. Im assuming locked?
Stock verter or aftermarket? also, you might wanna think about beefin up that tranny a lil and get a transcooler
BTW, this is on an LS1 yes, thought they all came w/ an an alum. D.S. stock

LS1 BU
05-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Great numbers. Was the convertor locked?

Anonymous
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Great numbers man. Im assuming locked?
Stock verter or aftermarket? also, you might wanna think about beefin up that tranny a lil and get a transcooler
BTW, this is on an LS1 yes, thought they all came w/ an an alum. D.S. stock

Yes the converter was locked. It is a Vig. 3800.

I have a deep pan and a trans cooler.

Yes, this is on an LS1 with 241 castings (which are LS1 castings not ZO6)

No, stripper HT cars came with steel drivshafts.

LS1LT1
05-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks, my thoughts exactly.
I would like to break the 450 barrier. So close yet so far....

Time for more mods I guess?

Dude your car rocks you don't need any more mods.

I wish my car was half as nice as yours.

You must have a nine in that car on the bottle.

Cartek does it again.

Hardtop00SS
05-19-2005, 09:20 PM
awesome #'s, what were the numbers before swapping to the ORY? I'd like to know the power gains from switching from cats to no cats...

Anonymous
05-20-2005, 06:21 PM
awesome #'s, what were the numbers before swapping to the ORY? I'd like to know the power gains from switching from cats to no cats...

Thanks

I knew someone would ask so here you go...

w/Cats 432.1 Rwhp & 384.6 Rwtq
OR Pipe 442.9 Rwhp & 398.0 Rwtq

Basically 11 hp & 13 tq gain.

Both with converter locked.

Nice gains in my opinion. They were high flow cats as well.
Whatever comes on the Kooks Y pipe for $500.00
I think they are Magnaflow, but I am not sure?

JakeFusion
05-20-2005, 09:59 PM
What catback, or did you dyno through a cutout? Great numbers, btw!

Anonymous
05-20-2005, 11:22 PM
What catback, or did you dyno through a cutout? Great numbers, btw!

It was through a Corsa Cat Back. I gotta tell you. I know they are a little more expensive than most and maybe a little heavier than some (because of the high quality materials) but, They sound great and there is no resonance and to me that means a lot. I have the one for the Camaro only, the twin 4" tips (one on each side).

I also have a few friends who have Corsa and all are happy.

I called Corsa before I bought that cat back and they said it was not restrictive up to 600 HP. So, I am not worried about it at this point.
I figure at the most I am making 525 to 530 at the crank.

Wicked_Hugger99
05-20-2005, 11:34 PM
got any sound clips or idle/flyby vids of it?

JZ'sTA
05-20-2005, 11:39 PM

What converter were you using?

JZ'sTA
05-21-2005, 12:10 AM
BTW AWSOME NUMBERS.
Through a A4 with a stall that is damn impressive.
Big congs.
I can see low 11's on slicks maybe even a 10 with that stall.

Anonymous
05-21-2005, 08:10 PM
got any sound clips or idle/flyby vids of it?

Sorry no I don't. But the idle was worth the money of the heads and cam alone! It sounds sooooo mean.
When other guys hear my car they just look at me and grin.
They know there is trouble lurking under the hood. ;)

Anonymous
05-21-2005, 08:11 PM
What converter were you using?

Vig. 3800 Multi Disc.

The stall is a little tight NA, but on the squeeze it should be perfect!

Anonymous
05-21-2005, 08:12 PM
BTW AWSOME NUMBERS.
Through a A4 with a stall that is damn impressive.
Big congs.
I can see low 11's on slicks maybe even a 10 with that stall.

Thanks.

2001 Pewter WS6
05-24-2005, 12:42 PM
The 3800 stalls to around 4400. It will be too loose for Nitrous. You need a Vig 3200 which stalls to 3800 for the juice.

SilverSurfer
05-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Great AD, oops I mean post. So I guess I'll be the first to post the BS flag.

You also posted this in the Eastern section and wanted to know if anyone cared to guess your new times with the 443 HP you're making now. Plenty of guys said you should run 10s. But you already knew the truth. So let me be the first to make an educated guess.

Drum roll please............................11.7s. I figure since that's what you ran in March when the air was better and you were making 432 HP with the cats on. And you ran 11.2s at 127 on the hit, 100 wet shot.

Funny how you've been to the track since the cam and heads but didn't make a post in the Drag section. You slipped up and said what you ran in some other posts. But here you are posting in the Dyno section. Like I said, great AD. lol

PS: Don't post back telling me about your limitations, cause it won't fly. My UNTUNED 3650 lb A4 Z with a 3200 stall, 245 Nitto DRs, 3.42s, TR 224, TEA 1.5s, ASP, Pacesetters and ORY, Borla, LS6 intake and stock unported TB, with the 1998 KR problem running 15*of timing ran 11.84 at 114.8 in June. So you've got 150 lbs, 3.73s and at least 20 degrees of air temps on me. Not to mention all that power. lol

Fellow members, when you see a post like this do a little research. 443 HP through an A4, a 12 bolt, w/o LSX, tricks, etc. Let's get real.

I'll be waiting for my new sig. lol

beardWS6
05-25-2005, 04:50 AM
441rwhp 401rwtq N/A tuned for spray
660rwhp 650rwtq 150 shot

This is threw a A4, 12-bolt 3.73 and vig 3800 stall. Car in sig is putting down these numbers. Could have gotten more N/A with a more agressive tune. I`m very safe for the spray. It can happen!!

SilverSurfer
05-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Yup guess you're right.

Oh wait, you have several mods he doesn't.

Guess he'll be making an EZ 460 + HP with a 90/90 setup, an 85 mm MAF and a cutout. You both have a nitrous tune so that's a non-issue.

Just for argument sake, throw in a true dual and that puppy's making 470 HP. no A/C belt and EW and we're at right around 480 HP but let's just say 475. Swap out that 12 bolt for a 10bolt w/ 3.42s, steel driveshaft for aluminum, A4 for an M6 and you can crown the new KING of stock short block with H/C. I'd estimate somewhere around 510 HP. Ya think?

So let me ask you this, seeing as his car was making 432 HP when he ran 11.7s on motor a couple of months back, would it be safe to say that (seeing as you both have the same "limitations" that he speaks of in his post) your car runs 11.6s? Guess my 3600+ lb, untuned, baby cammed, small headed, drag radialed, tranny slipping junk isn't as slow as everyone thinks. lol

Have a nice day.

Anonymous
05-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Great AD, oops I mean post. So I guess I'll be the first to post the BS flag.

You also posted this in the Eastern section and wanted to know if anyone cared to guess your new times with the 443 HP you're making now. Plenty of guys said you should run 10s. But you already knew the truth. So let me be the first to make an educated guess.

Drum roll please............................11.7s. I figure since that's what you ran in March when the air was better and you were making 432 HP with the cats on. And you ran 11.2s at 127 on the hit, 100 wet shot.

Funny how you've been to the track since the cam and heads but didn't make a post in the Drag section. You slipped up and said what you ran in some other posts. But here you are posting in the Dyno section. Like I said, great AD. lol

PS: Don't post back telling me about your limitations, cause it won't fly. My UNTUNED 3650 lb A4 Z with a 3200 stall, 245 Nitto DRs, 3.42s, TR 224, TEA 1.5s, ASP, Pacesetters and ORY, Borla, LS6 intake and stock unported TB, with the 1998 KR problem running 15*of timing ran 11.84 at 114.8 in June. So you've got 150 lbs, 3.73s and at least 20 degrees of air temps on me. Not to mention all that power. lol

Fellow members, when you see a post like this do a little research. 443 HP through an A4, a 12 bolt, w/o LSX, tricks, etc. Let's get real.

I'll be waiting for my new sig. lol

Listen up Silver Surfer I appreciate your paying so much attention to me.
I am flattered.

Besides that, Everthing you said is just about spot on and obviously you have been paying attention. But you can put away the BS flag.

I never ran the spray with this set up. I ran that 11.2 last year at a track rental. That was never posted, so you are obviouly intimate with people at Cartek and have an issue with them.

Everything I have said is 100% true. The dyno graph is posted on the Eastern thread if you would like to view it. I already know why the car is not running the number. I won't bore you with why, because you already said to save it.

However the car is now running without the cats (which Cartek told me to do from the beginning) They said my cam does not like them. I picked up significant power in the middle since this change. I am hoping this will bring around my 60' which is my problem. My converter is just too tight. You must already know that I have a Multi-Disc so you know they are less forgiving. You seem to know my ET but have no idea of my 60'?
Again, as I am sure you know my car dead hooks at the track and boggs off the line with Drag Radials at 25psi. (read no flash)

The car should run like a bat out of hell on the N2O, because like I stated before, that is what it is set up for.

As for your 510hp, don't go off on such a tangent. I think with an EW, 90/90 and a few other things I might be able to match or possibly pass Cartek's other N2O tuned camaro but with 243 castings. He made 460.2 at the wheels with my drive train and alum. drive shaft.
He has run 10's already. Again with an N2O tune and he is at 3625 lbs.

If you don't like your numbers bring it to Cartek they will fix it right up.
My car is not a Cartek one off. They have plenty to back this up.

My car will run the number don't worry.

Anonymous
05-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Yup guess you're right.

Oh wait, you have several mods he doesn't.

Guess he'll be making an EZ 460 + HP with a 90/90 setup, an 85 mm MAF and a cutout. You both have a nitrous tune so that's a non-issue.

Just for argument sake, throw in a true dual and that puppy's making 470 HP. no A/C belt and EW and we're at right around 480 HP but let's just say 475. Swap out that 12 bolt for a 10bolt w/ 3.42s, steel driveshaft for aluminum, A4 for an M6 and you can crown the new KING of stock short block with H/C. I'd estimate somewhere around 510 HP. Ya think?

So let me ask you this, seeing as his car was making 432 HP when he ran 11.7s on motor a couple of months back, would it be safe to say that (seeing as you both have the same "limitations" that he speaks of in his post) your car runs 11.6s? Guess my 3600+ lb, untuned, baby cammed, small headed, drag radialed, tranny slipping junk isn't as slow as everyone thinks. lol

Have a nice day.

BeardWS6 is correct. I don't know how old his combination is, but it is right there with mine. He only has two things I don't from what I saw in his sig. (the LSX & TB) Plus we are talking two different cars on two different day's on two different dyno's. So basically we are right there? :confused:
(I am not so sure how much a driveshaft gives you, if anything)

Also, silversurfer, If your car is untuned as you like to say, maybe if you had it tuned you would pick up some more HP? But you didn't state how much your car is making?

If you think your car is junk then that is too bad. You should take some pride in owning an 11 sec. street car. I would & do.

Anonymous
05-25-2005, 01:42 PM
441rwhp 401rwtq N/A tuned for spray
660rwhp 650rwtq 150 shot

This is threw a A4, 12-bolt 3.73 and vig 3800 stall. Car in sig is putting down these numbers. Could have gotten more N/A with a more agressive tune. I`m very safe for the spray. It can happen!!

beardWS6, what does your car run both on and off the bottle?

Thanks

Anonymous
05-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Fellow members...Grumble, Grumble (in an Abe Lincoln voice)

Does this sound familiar...."Fellow members, when you see a post like this do a little research. 443 HP through an A4, a 12 bolt, w/o LSX, tricks, etc. Let's get real."

My advise is don't listen to disgruntled members who call themselves annoying and slow by their own admission and then call their own cars junk.

Obviously someone has some issues. Misery loves company.

If anyone doubts what I am saying for any reason I would be more than happy to back up my claims. Mis-information is worse than no information.

I posted this to share my acheivements, not to brag, not to boast, and not to run an ad. I have spent way too much money at Cartek to run adds for free.

My intent was to share and show what is capable with 241 heads.
Everyone is running out to buy 243's or some aftermarket head to make power. I couldn't afford it and I am sure many other members are in the same boat. I asked Cartek to build me a heads and cam engine with 241 castings to save money but give me the latest R&D and see what happens.

As you can tell I was more than happy with the results, so I figured I would share it with the LS1 community.

I didn't post my 1/4 times because they were nothing worth mentioning and I ran into a couple of problems. (it was the first time to the track with that H&C set up)
Like I said above, I will iron out the problems (which are not making power)and I will post the results when I get, what I feel, is a good ET worth mentioning. I have been on the phone with Vig. and I have to do some testing to see what my problem is. (Vig is a great compny to work with)(so is Cartek they have been very helpful with trying to figure out what is going on)
I know what the problem is in general, it is one of three things, now I have to test to figure out what it is exactly.

Thanks for reading.

Tekhombre
05-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the forum Anonymous, this is where the keyboards run and the cars don't. Don't try to argue with them, performance levels are measured here with WC @ WPH, LOL and they have allot of WC @ WPH of typing skill to back up their claims. :lurk:

beardWS6
05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
So far N/A I get 7.51`s in 1/8th with 1.60 60ft and I got 6.9 falling on my face! I ran out of fuel spraying the first time. I just put her back in and got 42lb injects and fixed the problem. I feel 6.6-6.7`s all day long. It was my first time on QA-1`s and 28inch ET Drags, I`m learning where to set them and the tire psi. Best 60ft I got so far is 1.56. Will get better, this was first and last shes been to the track! I ran a buddy who got 6.77 and I had him the whole way until the car died of fuel!! Car is full weight with me 3950lbs. I weight 220, can`t stop lifting weights!! Full A/C and everything. I do have a wolfe cage also! I drive her all the time on the street!!

Anonymous
05-26-2005, 05:02 PM
So far N/A I get 7.51`s in 1/8th with 1.60 60ft and I got 6.9 falling on my face! I ran out of fuel spraying the first time. I just put her back in and got 42lb injects and fixed the problem. I feel 6.6-6.7`s all day long. It was my first time on QA-1`s and 28inch ET Drags, I`m learning where to set them and the tire psi. Best 60ft I got so far is 1.56. Will get better, this was first and last shes been to the track! I ran a buddy who got 6.77 and I had him the whole way until the car died of fuel!! Car is full weight with me 3950lbs. I weight 220, can`t stop lifting weights!! Full A/C and everything. I do have a wolfe cage also! I drive her all the time on the street!!

Wow. That is a heavy race weight. I guess you race 1/8th mile only?
I am not sure what that converts to in 1/4 mile times but I do know 6's in the 1/8th is very quick! Setting up a car and getting it dialed-in is a project in itself even after you are making the power (which SilverSurfer can't comprehend)
After some trial and error you will get it right and be flying.
I am in the same boat, but a little ways behind you. I am not racing frequently enough to dial the car in. I have seen people pick up as much as a full second just from their setup/technique etc. It just takes time (and maybe some money) Don't stop lifting just buy a K-member. I have full A/C and stuff too. It is not worth removing IMO on a street car. Good luck.

SilverSurfer
05-27-2005, 05:34 AM
Julio - guess you said it best "the forum.....where the keyboards run and the cars don't". His don't.

SilverSurfer
05-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Anonymous - SO this isn't an AD? lol Well maybe not the way you worded this post but the one in the Eastern Section sure is. lol "Cartek tuning strikes again!" "For those locally that are interested." Puhleeze.

I also love the line "If you don't like your numbers bring it to Cartek they'll fix it right up". Once again not an AD right mr Anonyomous? lol I'm sure they'll just slap it on the dyno and without touching anything I'll pick up 20 HP. lol

Ya wanna know what my car puts down? Same combo as posted earlier which ran the 11.84 but swapping the TR 224 for and MTI R1, 372 untuned and unlocked HP. Now here's the good part, 320 LB of torque. How's that for a limitation? Not caused by the cam or the fact that it's untuned. A fellow member also ran a Pro-Torque converter in his R1 cammed and TUNED A4 Z. He made 390 HP and 330 LB of torque. Two different days and 2 different dynos, same crappy TQ.

Guess when I get my tranny rebuilt and swap out converters I won't be getting many bites if I try and sell the P-T. lol

So please don't keep harping about your limitations. 15* of timing, no tune, no torque, no power, 150 lbs heavier than you and on a June day my SLOW JUNK is a tenth behind your former 432 HP power house in March. Ya really think your new found 11 HP and 15 TQ is gonna make all that much difference? Can you comprehend that? lol

gator's 99TA
05-27-2005, 11:33 AM
328 rwhp on 28" et drags
340 rwhp on radials (275/50/15 nittos)
477 rwhp on a 120ish NX wet shot (on radials again)

stock heads.

11.7 @ 114 n/a
10.9 @ 119 (ran out of gear) on the bottle.

heavy car

SilverSurfer
05-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Ya ran out of gear on spray Gator cause not only are you the Sunshine Director but also a Sunshine Racer. lol Ya still got that hood with the big hole in it?

Anonymous
05-27-2005, 02:46 PM
SilverSurfer,

Apparently you did not read what I wrote? But you did see what Julio wrote.

You may want to re-read the entire thread? Or you may have some reading and comprehension limitations?

It is no mystery that I was giving Cartek props for a job well done. That is what I wrote? I gave the whole shop credit. No secret there? Is that against forum rules? Of course this does not explain your hostility or constant accusations of an "Ad"?

I am merely giving credit where credit is due.

You love to harp about limitations? I never said anything about limitations? I said I made X amount of power with only X done to my car?

You love to say what my car ran at the track, but you totally discount the fact that I already admitted I was having issues with a few things. You didn't want to know what they were so I didn't post them.
Did you know or hear my car hitting the rev limiter? Did you know my car has a stock trans with a leak and was down a few quarts? Did you know I was using a multi-disc converter? That wasn't flashing? Did you know my 60's?
Do you know anything other than what you saw?
The answer to all of the above is NO!

So I would stop with the speculation it makes you appear ignorant.

I am sure if anyone tuned your "untuned" car it would pick up.

Again, I didn't post the times because they stunk. I know that and I said that in an earlier post above. So why do you keep bringing this up? Nobody runs good their first time out with a completely new combination. I am no different. What is you beef?

I am glad you have gotten so much out of so little, that just gives me more inspiration. My car should be that much quicker!

Again, no secret, the car is set up for N2O. Not the reason for the dismal 1/4 mile times NA, but part of my elation when I saw the NA numbers. Much better than I expected. I was very happy with the 432 RWHP too. That is why I posted it. I really didn't think the car was going to pickup that much from an ORP. Again the car will run the number and when it does I will post it.

SilverSurfer
05-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Well I guess it's a good thing your car while on the dyno (both times) didn't exhibit any of the multitude of problems that ailed you at the track. I especially like that they let you run down the track with a leaking trans. Down a few quarts huh, that's some leak.

You've posted your best 60' times in another thread I believe. High 1.6s to low 1.7s. See, how's that for reading comprehension? Never seen your car run cause if I did I would have come up to you in person and shot the shit.

But I digress, so now the reason you posted is your elation at what the car made on a nitrous tune. Silly me, I thought you said it was to show everyone what 241 heads can do. Another funny thing is that although you were happy with 432 HP ya never posted those results, except in a thread (make that 3 lol) to ask everyone if you could run 10s with it. lol

Wel I gotta run, we'll play some more later.

Oh and say hi to the Sponsor's little sister, whatever that means.

Anonymous
05-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Well I guess it's a good thing your car while on the dyno (both times) didn't exhibit any of the multitude of problems that ailed you at the track. I especially like that they let you run down the track with a leaking trans. Down a few quarts huh, that's some leak.

You've posted your best 60' times in another thread I believe. High 1.6s to low 1.7s. See, how's that for reading comprehension? Never seen your car run cause if I did I would have come up to you in person and shot the shit.

But I digress, so now the reason you posted is your elation at what the car made on a nitrous tune. Silly me, I thought you said it was to show everyone what 241 heads can do. Another funny thing is that although you were happy with 432 HP ya never posted those results, except in a thread (make that 3 lol) to ask everyone if you could run 10s with it. lol

Wel I gotta run, we'll play some more later.

Oh and say hi to the Sponsor's little sister, whatever that means.

Well the trans leak was from where the dipstick goes into the trans. I didn't realize it had lost so much. I never would have raced the car if I had known that I was down so much. I think that was part of the problem at the track?
But it was not leaking while I was racing.

I only went a 1.695 60' once, It was a freak too because the car goes consistent 1.75 60's. Very bad for the money I have into this car. It should be 60' ing in the 1.45 to 1.50 range at the least. (I am changing converters)

I am not sure what you are getting at with the 241 vs. N20 tune?
Both are the same thing? I didn't expect the car to make that much power 1) with 241 heads (because all I hear about are 243 heads) and 2) It made that much with a N20 tune. All part of my surprise and "elation".

I don't know why you are surprised that I had problems at the track but didn't on the dyno :confused: You don't 60' on a dyno? and you don't shift on a dyno? That is why I am happy with the power the car is making but unhappy with the ET's it is running. But, I need time to iron everything out. Rome wasn't built in a day. I am confident it will run the #.

I made those older posts asking/seeking wisdom, because I wanted to know how fast my car should be, so I knew what to shoot for? Now you have a problem with that?

Let me ask, would it be OK with you if I posted on this forum or would you prefer if I didn't? No matter what I type, you have a problem with it?
What gives? I can't ask questions? I can't post my dyno results? I can't post things that I have found out the hard way to inform others? I can't choose to not post bad 1/4 mile results? (Because I know everybody post their worst runs) I mean you must be kidding?

Have a nice day.

Wicked_Hugger99
05-29-2005, 03:02 PM
You don't 60' on a dyno? and you don't shift on a dyno? That is why I am happy with the power the car is making but unhappy with the ET's it is running. But, I need time to iron everything out. Rome wasn't built in a day. I am confident it will run the #.

Totally agree with you there man. I made 397rw in my TA but when i got to the track last Friday night i only ran 12.46@109.7mph due to some probs that obviously didnt show on a dyno pull. Getting some KR i believe from the exhaust beating around under the car, went into open loop mode from a bad 02 sensor, and the shift points were supposed to be at 6500 yet it kept zingin up to 7k and pingin the limiter before it would shift but im not blaming the shop that built my car "Futral" cuz they are awesome(call it an "AD" if ya want but several folks on this board would agree w/ me) Allan@FMS tuned the car and i know he's one of the best and will get me squared away this thursday so i can take advantage of my cars potential. I believe when all the bugs are worked out i'll be in the 11s n/a as i believe you will too :)

Tiger2o69
05-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Congrats on the numbers, very impressive. What software did you tune it with and do you lock it up w/ the tuning or a button?

JZ'sTA
05-29-2005, 06:34 PM
My first thought was to raise the BS flag as well.
I however have no reason to doubt you, so instead I just figured you have a freak car and congs. I have done my fair share of a4 cars and that HP is just silly especially without a 90mmTB and intake.
The best I have seen in my area is 430 with 241 heads a 224/228 cam 3800 Yank converter fast 90/90 through a cutout.

Again very impressive without using the 90/90 setup.

Wicked_Hugger99
05-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I however have no reason to doubt you, so instead I just figured you have a freak car and congs. I have done my fair share of a4 cars and that HP is just silly especially without a 90mmTB and intake.
The best I have seen in my area is 430 with 241 heads a 224/228 cam 3800 Yank converter fast 90/90 through a cutout.

a lil off topic i know(sorry) but did they do a before and after w/ the 90/90?

SilverSurfer
05-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Look bro, you seem like a nice guy so I'll stop posting in your thread. I have my doubts the car dynoed what it did and I think you will come to see the light yourself after you get over the teething with your new set-up. But I still wish you the best of luck.

Take care.

JZ'sTA
05-29-2005, 09:08 PM
a lil off topic i know(sorry) but did they do a before and after w/ the 90/90?

No worry's I am sure this thread could use a little different topic anyways.
The before/after difference was impressive.
410 peak before@ 6300 RPM's and 429.2 after the 90/90 with peak power about 150 RPM's higher.
At the old peak the HP was at 428, so a damn nice difference.
As far as through the band a gain wasn't really that big until after 5000 RPM's. Anywhere from -2 HP at the start of the dyno compairson to +5 up until about 5000 RPM's then it started making a noticeable difference.
By 5500 there way a 12 HP difference, by 6000 there was a 16 HP difference and finished up just below 20 HP difference peak to peak.
I wish I had his graph so I could post it however he didn't dyno on the dyno we currently use as we have switched dyno's.
Now everyone gets a sweet CD with ALL your info on it.

Anonymous
05-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Congrats on the numbers, very impressive. What software did you tune it with and do you lock it up w/ the tuning or a button?

Thanks

Cartek uses LS1 Edit as far as I know.
The tuning was done with the converter locked.
They use some contraption that hooks into the trans to lock the converter and hold it in 3rd gear (drive)

Anonymous
05-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Totally agree with you there man. I made 397rw in my TA but when i got to the track last Friday night i only ran 12.46@109.7mph due to some probs that obviously didnt show on a dyno pull. Getting some KR i believe from the exhaust beating around under the car, went into open loop mode from a bad 02 sensor, and the shift points were supposed to be at 6500 yet it kept zingin up to 7k and pingin the limiter before it would shift but im not blaming the shop that built my car "Futral" cuz they are awesome(call it an "AD" if ya want but several folks on this board would agree w/ me) Allan@FMS tuned the car and i know he's one of the best and will get me squared away this thursday so i can take advantage of my cars potential. I believe when all the bugs are worked out i'll be in the 11s n/a as i believe you will too :)

Yeah, thanks. I agree. As you can see I have taken considerable heat for not backing up the dyno #'s with ET. But I cannot blame the shop for that? I was there when they dynoed the car so I know it made the #'s plus I have the dyno graph as well. From the feed back I have received I should be running bottom 11's or high 10's and as of right know I am nowhere near it.
I have to work out my trans problems first, then I will have to borrow someones laptop and an auto tap to see what is going on when I am going down the 1/4 mile. I am sure it will take time.

Anonymous
05-29-2005, 11:35 PM

Yeah well, it is the highest I have seen as well. But time marches on and advances are made. These cars get more and more powerful everyday. It's crazy. Like I said though, Cartek has a H&C A4 doing 460 plus at the wheels, so I am not totally floored. But they have a few H&C cars right at or a little over 500 RWHP with a 6 speed, so I guess it is possible, I am still down over 50 hp and that is a lot.
My thought is that since my intake and TB are not even ported that maybe I have stumbled onto something? That being a very high intake velocity or something? I suspect I probably won't pick up as much as someone else with a 90/90 just because my stock stuff was working so well, probably by dumb luck. (it is an LS6 intake, the car is a 2002)
The dyno graph is on page three of the thread in the Eastern Section if you want to see it.
Again, different car, different dyno, different day 430 isn't so far off.
Plus I think my car has more cam. It is a 3X cam.
I don't know the specs, they won't tell me. (yes, it does piss me off a little)

Anonymous
05-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Look bro, you seem like a nice guy so I'll stop posting in your thread. I have my doubts the car dynoed what it did and I think you will come to see the light yourself after you get over the teething with your new set-up. But I still wish you the best of luck.

Take care.

No hard feelings. Look, you are welcome to post and you are wise to doubt and question the validity of things. One should not believe everything one reads.

However, everything I have ever posted or stated in this forum is the absolute truth to the best of my knowledge. (unless I am clearly busting someones chops or something) You can take that to the bank.

I am not sure what you mean about "seeing the light".
I was there and saw the car being dynoed with my own two eyes so it is not like they could have lied to me or something?

I would never, ever give someone props unless I felt they really deserved it.
I will send them down the river even quicker if they do me wrong.

If someone really wants to, they can come and see the car dyno themselves.
I am going to change the TC again, so I will probably have the car re-dynoed again. Just to make sure everything checks out.

Best of luck with your set up as well.

Anonymous
05-29-2005, 11:56 PM
No worry's I am sure this thread could use a little different topic anyways.
The before/after difference was impressive.
410 peak before@ 6300 RPM's and 429.2 after the 90/90 with peak power about 150 RPM's higher.
At the old peak the HP was at 428, so a damn nice difference.
As far as through the band a gain wasn't really that big until after 5000 RPM's. Anywhere from -2 HP at the start of the dyno compairson to +5 up until about 5000 RPM's then it started making a noticeable difference.
By 5500 there way a 12 HP difference, by 6000 there was a 16 HP difference and finished up just below 20 HP difference peak to peak.
I wish I had his graph so I could post it however he didn't dyno on the dyno we currently use as we have switched dyno's.
Now everyone gets a sweet CD with ALL your info on it.

No problem, not really off topic to me. This is good information. Thanks

SilverSurfer
05-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Anonymous- Thanks man and I concur, good info JZ. You changing converters or restalling the Vig?

1QuickT-A
05-30-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm gonna call BS as well.. Like it or not, thats my opinion!

A guy here locally has Cartek Stage 2 package and only put down like 408rwhp thru an A4 with stock 10-bolt and I believe a 3500 converter..

And BeardWS6 - how the hell did you make 440/400 to the wheels and only ran a 7.50 in the 1/8th? With all that power and a 1.60 short time there is no way in hell you only ran a 7.50.. Everyone around here with stage 2 heads/decent cams are running 7.30's or better with full street cars on drag radials.

So, I'm callin BS on both of you.. Just my .02

Anonymous
05-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Anonymous- Thanks man and I concur, good info JZ. You changing converters or restalling the Vig?

I restalled the Vig. Multi-disc once already and changed the pump as well. I am going to a proven combination now. I am going to go to a Vig single disc. Probably like a 4000 stall.
My multi is a 3800 but it is stalling short of that. More like 3200. My cam is not working by then so it is killing me ET wise. I have to find a compromise where it runs OK for bracket racing and consistancy, but really hauls the mail when on the juice. A lot of people on here seem to like Yank but I am going to stick with Vig. They are giving me a lot of support.

Anonymous
05-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm gonna call BS as well.. Like it or not, thats my opinion!

A guy here locally has Cartek Stage 2 package and only put down like 408rwhp thru an A4 with stock 10-bolt and I believe a 3500 converter..

And BeardWS6 - how the hell did you make 440/400 to the wheels and only ran a 7.50 in the 1/8th? With all that power and a 1.60 short time there is no way in hell you only ran a 7.50.. Everyone around here with stage 2 heads/decent cams are running 7.30's or better with full street cars on drag radials.

So, I'm callin BS on both of you.. Just my .02

Quick,

You can believe what you want and I am fine with that. If you have read both threads on this subject and still in question then there is no way I am going to convince you.
However, I have the full tilt 3X package not a stage 2, whatever that is?
If you mean 2X then that could be close? How old is your friends package?
I have a friend with a 2X package in a 6 speed vette and has made 440 at the wheels. The converter has nothing to do with the dyno #'s. That is a misconception. (when the converter is locked).

As for BeardWS6, Just because he is making the dyno #'s does not mean he is getting all the power to the ground. I don't doubt him for a second and he is not from Cartek.

The bottom line is all of the top tuners/engine builders in the country are within a few horsepower of one another. There are a few select backyard do it yourself guy's that also have produced some very impressive cars. I am fine with that. Again, different cars, on different days, on different dynos.

Cartek had a 2X heads and cam A4 f-body making 407 rwhp years ago and ran 10's with it, I saw it. I have a Cartek 3X H&C set up making 443 rwhp and I am running mid to high 11's all motor. What does that tell you?
It tells me I have alot of work to do. Cartek is not unique to this. I see plenty of cars on this forum running mad ET's with half the work I have into my car. But their car is set up better than mine, bottom line.
I paid for X amount of horsepower from a very reputable shop and they delivered. But, it is up to me to get the car down the track. I used to race drag bikes and know what I am doing, but this is a different deal and I am just not as good at setting up a 3500 pound car as I am a 500 pound motorcycle.

I understand their are shop wars in these forums, but I am just not into it, I race for the fun and the enjoyment of doing it. There is BS on these forums no doubt. You have to be able to seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Cartek has built many record setting cars over the years and won many events. That is good enough for me, and they are right in NJ.
They are definately wheat. Like them or not.

Jimmy P
05-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Are there any other dynos around you? I am not doubting that it dynoed that much at Cartek, but just out of curiosity, what will it dyno at another shop? I am rooting for you and hoping to see some awesome ET's

DrkPhx
05-30-2005, 11:24 PM
And BeardWS6 - how the hell did you make 440/400 to the wheels and only ran a 7.50 in the 1/8th? With all that power and a 1.60 short time there is no way in hell you only ran a 7.50.
That does seem odd. Last year my A4 H/C car with a TCI 3800 ran a 1.57 60-ft and a 7.48 1/8 mile ET. It dyno'd 394 rwhp locked which I thought was low.

1QuickT-A
05-31-2005, 02:03 AM
The guys I know personally with heads/cam packages running A4's are putting down right around 400 to the wheels and running anywhere from 7.10's-7.30's.. MarksZ71 put down just over 400rwhp and he ran a 7.13 with a 1.5X 60ft time. Another friend of mine runs 7.30s w/ a 1.60 short time N/A with a smaller converter and he put down just over 400whp also.. So, I'm calling B.S. on BeardWs6.. Hes got a good short time but his E.T. is WAY the fuck off.. He's got nowhere near 440whp..

Take ur Cartek rides to another shop and see what you put down on an independant dyno.. I BET YOU MONEY THAT IT DOESNT PUT DOWN ANYWHERE NEAR 440-450RWHP!! If you guys actually think those numbers are right then you are freakin stupid. Probly puttin down 425 MAX..

1QuickT-A
05-31-2005, 02:04 AM
And what good are big dyno numbers if you cant even make ur shit run?

SilverSurfer
05-31-2005, 02:58 AM
1QuickTA - Bro, I also have my doubts, pretty obvious from my earlier posts, but Anonymous seems like a mellow/cool dude so I can't argue with someone who won't add fuel to the fire. lol

The only thing that I see that both he and Beard have in common that would affect both of their dynos and 1/4s is the Vig 3800 multi disc. Maybe it's a great dyno converter, who knows. Like I said, he's making 443 w/o LSX, bigger maf and a cutout/true dual. Seems high to me especially with an A4. Locked or not, an A4 will use more power than an M6. The 12 bolt 3.73 combo is also a power eater. I just can't see an A4 backed up by a 12 bolt making 460 HP through the muffler if a 90/90 is thrown into the combination.

When he restalls and gets all the bugs worked out we'll see. Til then, don't go calling these guys stupid cause that's a little over the line since they didn't insult you.

beardWS6
05-31-2005, 06:03 AM
1QuickT-A talk to david coates at MTI and he will give you the info. I only ran it once N/A and was having fuel psi issues. Thats why she went back for bigger inj and in-tank fuel pump. The T-rex couldn`t handle the load. I`m hoping for quicker times N/A, but I was spinning my 60ft-learning where to put my QA-1`s-just got them. When I ran the 7.5-60ft was 1.68-sucked!!

JS
05-31-2005, 11:50 AM
That is alot of power..Like I said my car was never on a dyno as it was tuned on the street/track w/SLOWHAWKS help and it trapped 124 threw an unlocked A4 running 10.80's@3350lbs in +30/-30DA's.....I'd imagine my cars power to be somewhere around 410 to 430RW but agan this is only speculation,And FWIW it 1/8th'd 6.90's@99MPH...

Dependin on your race weight and da's u better run 10.70's or better w/443RW or somethings wrong...

LS1LT1
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Cartek has built many record setting cars over the years and won many events. That is good enough for me, and they are right in NJ.
They are definately wheat.:werd: :nod:

Wicked_Hugger99
05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
And what good are big dyno numbers if you cant even make ur shit run?
For bench racing of course!!! :drive:

beardWS6
05-31-2005, 04:14 PM
JS- with me in my car-my weight 221lbs and a full dressed car is about 3900lbs. That is my race weight. I had her at HRP and checked it. I don`t know what 500lbs gives you in time-I bet its good!!Granted I don`t remember the temp, but it was a hot that night also!!

Anonymous
05-31-2005, 05:27 PM
More surprising than my dyno numbers is that SilverSurfer has come to my defense :thumb: :bang: LOL.

Now I have to buy him a soda at the track.

JS, from what I have seen, is pretty accurate with his guesstimates.
His opinion means something to me.

I would guess beardWS6 is having teething problems like myself. Hey, it is not easy to get good #s out of a car.
Some people make it look easy and others are lying?

To tell the truth, I would like to Dyno my car somewhere else, it would be like going to the Dr. to get a second opinion. I would be more than happy to average the two runs. It would keep everyone honest.

I would have to do it Anonymously (pun intended) so the shop didn't intentionally give me a low reading. So they can say, Oh look Cartek lied to you, so on and so forth. I would like to go somewhere that is not even on this or the Corvette forum. (too many shop wars).

They can't be too far off though, because Cartek has plenty of H&C cars running in the mid 10's so the proof is there. I think they are still the only shop with a 9 sec NA Vette? Again, I am not running advertising for them but these are the factors that I took into consideration before I put down my hard earned money. They make good dyno #s and they run fast at the track what more can you ask for? It just so happens my car only has half of the equation right now.

You guy's are not alone. Even Cartek said "your car has issues". They know it is making the power, but know my combination is off. We know the problem is in the trans. Unfortunately, I have just about run out of money. The car is a pig off the line.
My peak TQ is around 5100 rpm so the 3200 - 3800 converter is just not cutting it.

I am going to a different converter for sure. I am praying that this one works.

Wish me luck (thanks Jimmy P)

beardWS6
05-31-2005, 05:47 PM
I feel the same about my Vig. It`s not really that good for my set-up N/A. But kicks ass when I spray!! Which is what I do for cars that I need it for. Don`t get me wrong, from a 20 roll she is a beast N/A but I`m in my trq range then. Maybe one day I will change it out for a yank or something. But I`m going to try and get my power to the pavement for now!!

Anonymous
05-31-2005, 06:09 PM
I feel the same about my Vig. It`s not really that good for my set-up N/A. But kicks ass when I spray!! Which is what I do for cars that I need it for. Don`t get me wrong, from a 20 roll she is a beast N/A but I`m in my trq range then. Maybe one day I will change it out for a yank or something. But I`m going to try and get my power to the pavement for now!!

Beard,

You said your best 60 was a 1.56. Was that on the spray or off?
What is your best 60' off the spray?

At what rpm does your N20 activate?

My N20 comes in at 3200 rpm and I am already moving before it hits so I know my converter is coming in way too soon. My N20 should be spiking my converter up to at least 4000 but it is not working that way?????

ps. I didn't realize how similar our cars are?

SilverSurfer
05-31-2005, 08:24 PM
More surprising than my dyno numbers is that SilverSurfer has come to my defense LOL.

I'm just an old softie. lol

Wicked_Hugger99
05-31-2005, 09:49 PM
are yall sprayin through the shifts or no?

Anonymous
05-31-2005, 11:55 PM
are yall sprayin through the shifts or no?

Yes, I spray through the shifts. My N20 is on a window switch.

I mat the throttle and hang on.

1QuickT-A
06-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Do we spray thru the shifts? I didnt know there was any other way of doing it.. haha

I just think that you should get your car to a dyno asap and see what it puts down somewhere else.. Those numbers are freakishly high.. There are 6spd cars with mods like yours that aren't puttin down that much.. Yeah every car is different, but an A4 with a 12bolt is a power robbing combo and to be making that kinda power something just doesn't seem right to me...

beardWS6
06-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes, 1.56 60ft is my best. This is the first time to the track. No adjustments where made that night. I raced it just like I brought it. I feel maybe 1.46-1.5`s are going to be good when I figure everything out. Tire psi and QA-1 adjustments. And alot of practice!!!! I don`t spray threw shifts 3200-6000rpms. My shift is around 6500rpms. It does suck when she falls down alittle and then the spray comes back. Slows my times also. But my tranny loves it!!!I might go alittle higher like 6200 or 6300 when the other cam gets put in.
1Quick I`ve got the dyno sheets to prove the numbers. But I feel no need! It`s seems your the only one bitching about our numbers! And that doesn`t mean much to me!

Anonymous
06-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Yes, 1.56 60ft is my best. This is the first time to the track. No adjustments where made that night. I raced it just like I brought it. I feel maybe 1.46-1.5`s are going to be good when I figure everything out. Tire psi and QA-1 adjustments. And alot of practice!!!! I don`t spray threw shifts 3200-6000rpms. My shift is around 6500rpms. It does suck when she falls down alittle and then the spray comes back. Slows my times also. But my tranny loves it!!!I might go alittle higher like 6200 or 6300 when the other cam gets put in.
1Quick I`ve got the dyno sheets to prove the numbers. But I feel no need! It`s seems your the only one bitching about our numbers! And that doesn`t mean much to me!

Wow, I can't believe how much better you are 60' than me?
Our combinations are almost identical? Kooks 1-7/8, Corsa, vig 3800 MD, 3.73 on and on. You just have a couple more bolt-ons??? I can't figure it out???