Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'01 Z28 Vs 03 Lightning Vs 05 SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Z28 Vs 03 Lightning Vs 05 SRT-4

Anyone on here remember me posting a "Who do you think would win Me (z28) or my coworker's SRT-4. Well... Today, I found out. I got it on video. We all met up at my apartment complex (to discuss how/when my sts is going to be getting installed) and decided it was a beautiful day in virginia beach, so we might as well get it done. My intentions were to make a before the kit vid against my buddies lightning and an after the install vid. Well I don't have the time tonight... hmm, well I guess it's morning to post the vid, so until then I'll give you a brief run down of the action. 2 races. First was from a 40 roll (CLIFF NOTE: HORRIBLE IDEA). We all line up and I give the three honks. They tear off like a bat out of hell. (The next immediately proceeding seconds are blurry) I know it's a race but it didn't feel like I was going anywhere. And they pull about a bus on me easily. A few moments pass and right about 80 I catch up to the SRT-4 and pass him pulling atleast a few cars on him (afterwards I found out he said he missed fourth, understandable I suppose) and almost call it a complete loss on the lightning. (Beating the Lightning wasn't my top priority, just yet... that comes after the kit) The second race wasn't much really. Just some afterburn from the 1st race. The SRT-4 caught up and this time from about a 70 or 80 roll, we both hit it and it's like he's standing still, not much competition the second time around.

My mods are listed in the sig. The lightning has... hmm.. a new exhaust, headers and eh... i'll get back to you. The SRT-4 had an aftermarket BOV, boost controller, ... yeah... I'll get back to you on that too. (Don't worry, I'm not going to forget you guys )

Something you'll notice in the vid if I decide to edit it is the bike I didn't mention. He was another coworker along for the ride and decide it would be fun if he joined in while riding behind the Lightning. The bike accelerated and make it look like we all gave up. It was an '04 Honda 600 something or other. I'll get more info on all that stuff for the revision and probable posting of the vid tomorrow night.

I had a blast. The outcome was pretty much just as I expected except for the horrendous start by me in the first race. Thanks for readin'. See ya on the road.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Launching!

For a 2001 z28 that 1/4 mile doesn't seem right at all. With just those mods you should be around 13.5-13.4 When I had my lt1 at stock with just a hpp III and headers I ran a 13.9-13.8 consistantly.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Va Beach, you get out to Jenro's on Saturday afternoons or Newport News Saturday nights?I'm usually at the Jenro's show for a little every Sat, and NN on occasions when all the buds feel like driving.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97SprChrgd383
For a 2001 z28 that 1/4 mile doesn't seem right at all. With just those mods you should be around 13.5-13.4 When I had my lt1 at stock with just a hpp III and headers I ran a 13.9-13.8 consistantly.
Well, I dunno. It was my first and only time on a track and I took off from idle RPM. (What can I say, I didn't know any better) I'm sure I could have a got lower numbers if I would have got a higher launch. But regardless, those are the numbers I put down.

Originally Posted by rtr2001ss
Va Beach, you get out to Jenro's on Saturday afternoons or Newport News Saturday nights?I'm usually at the Jenro's show for a little every Sat, and NN on occasions when all the buds feel like driving.
I've never been there before. I can't go out to a place that I've never heard about. Where's Jenro's located? PM me if you'd be cool w/ tellin' me more about it. I don't have my car this weekend because it's getting my kit installed. And then I'm planning on selling it because that's all I wanted to do. I wanted to make a pretty mean car. And while there are other car's still that'll destroy it, I'm done w/ it.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by reocamaro

I've never been there before. I can't go out to a place that I've never heard about. Where's Jenro's located? PM me if you'd be cool w/ tellin' me more about it. I don't have my car this weekend because it's getting my kit installed. And then I'm planning on selling it because that's all I wanted to do. I wanted to make a pretty mean car. And while there are other car's still that'll destroy it, I'm done w/ it.
Your putting a turbo on your car to sell it?
Old 05-21-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I dunno. It was my first and only time on a track and I took off from idle RPM. (What can I say, I didn't know any better) I'm sure I could have a got lower numbers if I would have got a higher launch. But regardless, those are the numbers I put down.

idle rpm = high 13.X
Old 05-21-2005, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Unhappy

Originally Posted by 01SSDRVR
Your putting a turbo on your car to sell it?
I did what I set out to do. I wanted to get a car that makes over 400 Hp. Yeah, I know people on here having cars that make that look like a honda but for me 400 is a helluva lot. So yeah, I'm putting it on tuning it making sure everything is given the once over and then it's up for sale. I never had any intention of keeping it. Now it's time to give up on the F-bod's and get a truck or somethin' and save my money.

PS. I'm not putting a turbo on to sell it, I'm putting a turbo on, and then selling it.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

I did what I set out to do. I wanted to get a car that makes over 400 Hp. Yeah, I know people on here having cars that make that look like a honda but for me 400 is a helluva lot. So yeah, I'm putting it on tuning it making sure everything is given the once over and then it's up for sale. I never had any intention of keeping it. Now it's time to give up on the F-bod's and get a truck or somethin' and save my money.

PS. I'm not putting a turbo on to sell it, I'm putting a turbo on, and then selling it.
Gotcha, just seems like a waste of money