Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Titanium Rods Would anyone be interested?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Titanium Rods Would anyone be interested?

Hi guys, Im gauging interest in people interested in Titanium rods. They can be made to custom specs For ANY Motor, and the look awsome and are very light and VERY STRONG. The design has been tested for many years now, and they have been in numourous Im currently running a set in my 408 blower motor i built a month ago and they have taken a ton of abuse and are holding up to 22lbs of boost with a custom fmic f1 procharger kit, Havent dynoed yet, but 1000 hp does seem close to the output of the motor. If anyone wants a ride come to warsaw ill give ya one its a fun ride.....
If i can get enough people wanting The rods, then i can set up to be a sponsor if i have too and i can start getting orders around and making them per vehicle application. Custom engraving is also included, so you can have them personalized for your business.
For an example, Each rod, if set up for 1300 hp is only 513 grams.
A rod set up for 600 hp is 502 grams.
The cost would be the same for any hp level.

Each set of rods are Certified aircraft titanium 6AL4V Billet Barstock
Cnc Machined, And custom engineered for each application.

As for a price, If i can get alot of interest im thinking in the *edited* range, due to the cost of titanium. But durability and weight savings are well worth it.
It takes 42 hours for each set of rods to be completed, not including pollishing and assembly of the hardware and bushings.
They are VERY streetable and will withstand every day driving just fine.

Advantages:
Higher critical g load = higher rpm for longer durations.
less stress on cylinder walls, crankshaft, and bearings due to less rotating weight from crank pin to wrist pin.
Reduction of connecting rod weight allows faster acceleration rates.
Titainium has a lower thermal expansion reat than steel, and much less than aluminum, which allows the builder to hold closer tolerances in the engine. titanium retains its strength at higher temps.
Also engine builder balancing time is reduced due to lighter bobweights, and less heavy metal installation...
These rods from the place i am going thru are also being put into exotic cars all over the world, and A ton of Mini sprint cars and other racing classes that see abuse every day. Not one Rod failure.... Rods are also getting shipped over seas, including to some MAJOR Exotic car companies that i cant say ..
WE would be able to do 2 complete sets a week.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 05-19-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL 3k OMG that is as much as a new forged motor. I dont see the the everyday joe buying TI rods. I have seen lots of trailer queen cars with then. They go all out to get every pony out of a motor and when you can cut 200grams off one rod that is a lot or power/less rotating mass to deal with.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

removed the price. that way you can talk about Ti rods in here w/o it getting locked. please contact Admin if you'd like to become a sponsor.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 05-19-2005 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:35 AM
Banned

*edit* is starting to be reasonable for Ti rods... but they are way to much for 99% of the guys IMHO.

**** Eagle has a Ti H Beam that's 6" long and 430g's for $2500-$2700

Bret

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 05-19-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

Yah, i know the price seems kind of steep, but the material alone is 1600.00 not including all the labor and cnc charges.. Or the hardware and bushings ect prices either.. That is why im just seeing how many people would be wanting something like this..
Old 05-19-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

Also on the weight thing, They can be made to be alot lighter but for durability decided to keep it around 500..
Old 05-19-2005, 03:35 AM
TECH Addict

THanks cyphur