Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Cam only, and A4 Heads and Cam peps

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 Cam only, and A4 Heads and Cam peps

For guys with cam and bolts ons, how much consistency do you see in passes throughout a normal night of racing? Same for heads and cam guys? Obviously, if your trying to launch on street tires with 380+RWHP and sometimes hook, and sometimes don't .. I'd understand that but considering if your hooking consistently how much do your slips vary. I'm doing pretty well bracket racing it with just a lid and a cut out but it's much easier to chase people down than it is to have to look over your should all the time. I don't wanna lose the consistency though. Also, add your cam and heads+ converter so I know if the bigger cams are less or more consistent same with the same setups. Thats why I posted this here instead of race results section. I know with my LT1 the more I did the more it went all over the place.

Last edited by NastyNate; 05-19-2005 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:49 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by NastyNate
For guys with cam and bolts ons, how much consistency do you see in passes throughout a normal night of racing? Same for heads and cam guys? Obviously, if your trying to launch on street tires with 380+RWHP and sometimes hook, and sometimes don't .. I'd understand that but considering if your hooking consistently how much do your slips vary. I'm doing pretty well bracket racing it with just a lid and a cut out but it's much easier to chase people down than it is to have to look over your should all the time. I don't wanna lose the consistency though. Also, add your cam and heads+ converter so I know if the bigger cams are less or more consistent same with the same setups. Thats why I posted this here instead of race results section. I know with my LT1 the more I did the more it went all over the place.

mine was more consistent with bolt ons and no converter.... the converter made it jump some....

if its just a bracket car stick with bolt ons.... but thats my opinion...

i do bracket race mine every weekend... but i just want a fast car to play with....
Old 05-19-2005, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
mine was more consistent with bolt ons and no converter.... the converter made it jump some....

if its just a bracket car stick with bolt ons.... but thats my opinion...

i do bracket race mine every weekend... but i just want a fast car to play with....
Have you got tuning? Was it mail order or custom?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The big thing is, you can always slow down, it's harder to go faster I'm just a bolt on guy here and at the top of my class for the races we have, but if I get a little faster, I'm the little guy again.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, thats kinda what I'm trying to decide. If I continue to run in sportsman, I know the quickest I can run is 7.70 in the 1/8th. But if I move to Pro/Footbrake then I'm looking at my the 6.39 mark. problem is I don't plan on making the car a full out race car. I drove it to work today actually. But I'd say staying at the 7.70 mark is my best bet. And the points leader ..... well thats right has the fastest car in the class. That will change by the end of the year if I think I can keep the consistency. Though he dials 7.7X's already so I'll just have to shoot right for that mark I guess. I've lost twice in the finals to him so far this year. This is my first year of actually driving a bracket car, but I've been bracket racing for some time. And hopefully if all goes as planned I'll have a strickly bracket car next season. The SS is my wife's so I don't wanna turn a great street ride into a all out race car.