Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM in Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PCM in Limp Mode

I have searched and read quite a bit here trying to find out why the PCM in my 02 Z28 is in limp mode. I am pretty sure it is in limp mode since the car runs the same with every connector attached, or most removed from their sensors. My car surges and shudders when starting from a stop or going WOT. Everyone else that has posted has usually found a wire that was pinched or melted, and that fixed the problem.

So far the only connector and wire I haven't checked is the cam position since it is on the back of the block, going to check that this Saturday when I have the time. Everything else in the engine bay looks fine. I opened the wire looms and nothing in the harness looks melted, burnt, crimped, or anything else that would cause a problem.

I have a Predator and when running the real time data it appears that all of the sensors are feeding data into the PCM, it's just the PCM isn't using any of that data. The engine isn't throwing any codes, and once I get up to speed I cannot tell anything is wrong with the car. Short of the cam position sensro wires, does anyone know if I cam missing anything? I tried to search and I could not find any list of what exactly can cause a PCM to go into limp mode. I have been thinking of getting another PCM froma junk yard, but I will have to have it reprogrammed so it will work with my key.

Any advise or opnions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you need to find out more about what is going on and not just troubleshooting by pulling sensors. more information about how your electrical system in the car will help you by not wasting time on something that does not need to be done such as the "programming keys to the new pcm" since the f-cars pcm does not have keys programmed into it, the keys are tied to the BCM

Ryan