Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purge Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Purge Question

I have the TNT kit w/ purge, I am not sure what to use to purge the nitrous through. My friends all used some kind of aluminum line, not sure what the fitting is though.

I have an old nitrous filter screwed in to the solenoid right now. Could I attach a hose to that?

Or do I need the correct fitting? I'd like to hook the purge up tomorrow...

I have the kit wired, with the Harlan window switch. I cracked the bottle to check for leaks and then shut it right off. About a half hour later I took the car for a drive & tried it on a highway pull with the 75 shot. With the bottle closed & no pressure, it felt almost as good as my old 5177 kit with the 100 jets.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should have a purge noid to run your line from. Best bet is first figure out what you plan to use to run your purge. Some people use copper line, some use plastic/rubber hose, etc... Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and head to the plumbing section. They should have a section with a ton of fittings and stuff. Find one that screws into the noid and then has the appropriate fitting on the other end. Usually a compression fitting if you are using a copper line.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You want a 1/4" plastic tube from home depot. Use the 1/4" tube to 1/8" npt adaptor to connect to the noid. The larger tubing makes a bigger plume and looks nicer. Braided lines work to but expensive.
www.dynotunenitrous.com
Cheers
Dean