PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynotuning car, need help pls..

Old 05-20-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynotuning car, need help pls..

Heres the deal. I have two PCM's for my car, the stock factory unit, and one I got from a mailorder tune. I am going to get my car dynotuned, and the tuner wants to use the stock PCM to tune from instead of going over someone elses work. No prob. But I wanna dyno the car with the mailorder PCM 1st, to baseline, then swap in the Stock PCM so he can tune it. That way I can see what type of gain I get. Question(finaly) is: Once I swap PCM's, will I be all set to jump right on the dyno, or does the PCM need to relearn the cars settings? any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depending on how it was tuned, it will probably need time to learn... it takes some driving before the PCM goes fully into the high octane spark tables amongst other things
Old 05-20-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

so should I just say screw the baseline on the mailorder PCM and just put the stock PCM in now?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's not that hard to swap... you could drive there w/the mailorder PCM, have it dynoed, then either swap it yourself, or ask them to swap it for ya

That's what I did when I had my car worked on last year , drove it in w/my tuned PCM, then they changed PCMs before the tune
Old 05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by horist
it's not that hard to swap... you could drive there w/the mailorder PCM, have it dynoed, then either swap it yourself, or ask them to swap it for ya

That's what I did when I had my car worked on last year , drove it in w/my tuned PCM, then they changed PCMs before the tune
Yes, tht's what I am asking. I can swap the pcm right before they tune it? I dont have to drive around on the factory PCM for awhile for it to run right? they can just tune it right away? thanks again horist.

Search this Thread