Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I'm STI hunting tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 05:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I'm STI hunting tonight!

I was leaving a bar last night. I walk outside and this guy is parked hanging out with his friends right next to my car. He has a brand new STI. I live in a small area, and his car is known around town. He was a dick! I hate people who talk **** about cars! If you think you've got what it takes, than line it up, don't tell me....F*#king show me! It was 2am and I had a few too many to be racing anybody, so I walked away. But tonight I'm going out to find that guy and i will make sure it is the last time he ever chuckles at a Z06 from the drivers seat of a bone stock STI.

By the way my car is a stock '02 Z06, I just bought it a week ago so I think it's time to break it in
Old 05-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Do us proud and show him who's the real sheriff in town.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Teching In

whatch out for a 5k dump in the STi if ya go from a dig
Old 05-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

you're going to get owned.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Renesis
you're going to get owned.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nautilus
It was sarcasm.

Show 'em who's boss.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

if a guy thinks his stock sti is better than a zo6 he needs his cajones transformed into a vagina good luck.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

From someone who owns one ...

If a stock STi, he will outlaunch you if he can drive but you will walk him after that and should have about 4-5 lengths if not more by the 1/4.( by the way, to a reply above - the best launches in an STi are from slipping the clutch - a pure high RPM dump will bog them - but good slipped launches and the things can run a 1.7x 60 foot on the street on street tires),

You would still beat a lightly to moderately modded STi, and probably still pretty easily. The only way you could get in trouble is if he has an upgraded turbo and serious mods. But since he doesn't, line them up and enjoy the kill ...
Old 05-21-2005, 07:54 PM
9 Second Club

Well, it's raining outside so I'll prob have to hold of for a night, but if I don't run into him this week, I know where I can find him on friday night. I'm going to bring my camcorder so I can post a vid. After he left his friend was talking about going from a roll THat would be too easy, but I'd be happy to run from a stop. It has been awhile since I have raced anyone for $$$$, I hope he's cocky enough to put some up! I'll post the vid after I find him.

It was sarcasm.
I know, I'm slow somtimes
Old 05-22-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

kick his *** seabass!
Old 05-22-2005, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

haha he thinks he can.. wow so where do you guys race in townshend? or bratt? jay told me they race over the NH border. god i know they are sick out of the hole but all the ones i see at the track are doing at best 13.1. hell what do i know i have a stock z28, so now. a nice cam set up is coming pending my renlistment ::salute::
Old 05-22-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock fbod can take out an STI!!
Old 05-22-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Stock fbod can take out an STI!!
From a dig, it's a driver's race stock versus stock. They are both low 13s cars stock when driven well. But they have different characteristics. From the hole, my STi (when it was stock) was much quicker than what my LS1 was when it was stock. Period. Not even close. But stock versus stock it is very different for starting from a roll. My old Z28 would have raped my STi from a roll (stock versus stock).
Old 05-23-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

fbods okay but topic is on a zo6
Old 05-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't ever see a stock STi taking out an stock Z06. Out of the whole yes, but it can't be by much. I can't wait to see this vid!!

Just curious, and trying not to get off topic, but what are you running now in the 1/4 weatherguy? Those look like some pretty sweet mods to compare to your past car(z28).
Old 05-23-2005, 09:32 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

GOOD JOB not racing after a couple beers. If he was talkin **** and I had a Z06, I woulda had a REAL hard time not getting into a fistfight or some ****. Get that bastard and let us know how it goes.

Brad
Old 05-23-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
GOOD JOB not racing after a couple beers. If he was talkin **** and I had a Z06, I woulda had a REAL hard time not getting into a fistfight or some ****. Get that bastard and let us know how it goes.

Brad
sorry for the off topic thing but damn that sig of urs is hilarious lol make it so o man tu funny.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Teching In

No way, no how a stock Sti Will touch a stock Z06. Put it this way I recently took all the mods off my Evo. It is actually running richer now than from the factory because I left the Walboro fuel pump in it. I mean stock boost, everything stock. The day I took all the stuff off, a brand new C6 pulls up next to me at the light (****).C6 posts very similar numbers to the Z06. Needless to say it was not pretty, I launched, so did he, the view of his *** end pulling away strongly did nothing for my ego lol. It was murder up to 120mph where he was about 12 cars ahead. I stood no chance, running a little rich or not. You will kick his *** dude. Reason for this story is because it is very similar to your scenario.

Shane
Old 05-23-2005, 07:26 PM
9 Second Club

I can't wait to run him and I'll post the vid as soon as I do, but the weather hasn't been in my favor and it really doesn't look good for the rest of the week. As soon as this weather clears and the roads dry off a little I'm going to find him.

GOOD JOB not racing after a couple beers.
It was hard not to, but I like my license and that fri night happened to be prom night for the local Highschool so there were cops everywhere!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaSTi
Just curious, and trying not to get off topic, but what are you running now in the 1/4 weatherguy? Those look like some pretty sweet mods to compare to your past car(z28).
I'm not going to know for a couple of weeks yet - too busy to go to the track. Similar setups have been in the very low 11s - we shall see. Be weird to run that kind of time on street tires. In the meanwhile, am going to have the car on an AWD dyno tomorrow evening to be tuned, dyno figures, etc. Will have a race gas map and pump gas map. Should be able to get 450 to the wheels on race gas if other setups are a good guide.

At some point, gotta stop doing this 4-banger stuff though and get back to a nice, fat V8 and all that wonderful low end torque I have my eye on the new Z06, but gotta confess that the new Shelby coming out of Ford has really got my interest. In the meanwhile, it is going to be fun surprising people who might run across a little turbo 4-banger unawares ...