Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What software is the best??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What software is the best??

I am looking at purchasing the software to update my PCM so that I do not have to send it out after every mod. Question is, what is the best program? LS1 edit seems to be a real popular one, but is it the best? Also, what am I looking as far as money invested? I know in the long run it will pay for itself!! Last question, how hard is it to learn how to use? Are we talking years or is it pretty self explanitory? Thanks for all the help!!
Old 05-22-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcrishon
I am looking at purchasing the software to update my PCM so that I do not have to send it out after every mod. Question is, what is the best program? LS1 edit seems to be a real popular one, but is it the best? Also, what am I looking as far as money invested? I know in the long run it will pay for itself!! Last question, how hard is it to learn how to use? Are we talking years or is it pretty self explanitory? Thanks for all the help!!
See https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/325677-hptuners-vs-efi-live.html
Old 05-22-2005, 09:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The best one is teh one you feel most comfortable with
I am using HP Tuners.. I have a friend Using EFI Live, and another buddy using LS1 edit...

now that they have all made several revisions to their softwares they are all fairly user friendly...

I went with HP tuners because at the time it was the only one that offered unlimited vehicles / year...meaning I could do all the same vehicles for any 2 years ... I got 2000/2001 camaro/firebirds...
basically lets me do as many vehicles as I want for those years and makes...

now I think eveybody is getting on board or already has with that concept...
I plan on buying a few more yeas of teh camaro/firebird stuff cause most of my buddies drive that type of car and know I can do tuning...and it would probably pay for itself...