Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 handheld VS STOCK TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPP3 handheld VS STOCK TUNE

I have downloaded both the stock and the hpp3 tune from my car and found that on the PE table, the high octane spark table, and several more that i will have to add to this list were changed any where from -0.23 on one table to 3 or 4 on others and really only changed on the higher end of the tables(farther towards the right). My mods are listed below in my sig and i logged the stock tune and noticed that my fuel injector duty cycle was at 81%!!! LOL

while on the hPP3 tune that my duty cycle was 77%-78% and the HPP3 did gain power and tq for my car, and also leaned me out a little.
I will post more details later.

Can anyone start (LOL) to advise me on what to change? I'm using EFI Live v7.2.2 and honestly I'm a newb at all of this tuning; i do have a guy near me that is going to help me when he has time this week or weekend. I have gotten all of those docs on here from HPTUners help doc and many many others. Also wondering in the HPTuners doc I know it says to copy your high octance spark table to your low octane spark table and then modify your VE table after that. Why must you copy the table? I just want to understand what everything is doing here. I spent several hours figuring out some other items and tables and what they would do if i changed them.