Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help

ok, so i had lt headers with a cat back for 3 years, no problems after it was tuned. SO about a month and a half ago, i did true duals. (after running around on open headers for 2 days ) car was still fine, no lights. So about a month after true duals, i set off 1133. SO i figure it was just bad 02's, like everyone suggested. SO i swap them with the bosch vette sensors and it is fine for a few days. THen this morning on my way to work, i set the SES light again, it was 1133. And i set this after 20 minutes of driving. What is the deal here??? Can someone help me in the right direction.

Btw, i have searched, and read about 100 posts, and none seem to be the same as my situation. Because i have always had headers, and i rode around on true duals for over a month, and 1000 miles with no problmes. Can some help me??

thanks
jimmy
Old 05-23-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driver side front sensor insufficient switching

Check for an exhaust leak by the collector, also make sure the header is bolted down tight...

Also possible it's failed injector... but more likely than not has something to do w/the true duals... since it's only setting for one side , most likely isn't a vacuum leak.

Is P1133 the only code you're setting? Do you have access to a scanner? if so scan the O2 sensor , it's not switching high low enough. Also verify that all the wires are far away from the headers... if a wire is too close to the header /melted through it can cause a problem

P1133 HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1 (Driver side, front sensor)
Old 05-24-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes, the only code i threw was 1133. The 02 sensor is brand new, and i just checked for crack, or melted wire, and nothing. I also read the it could be an exhaust leak, but it would have to be between 6-12 inches correct? so my only possible leak could be from the collector or where my true duals start.

My biggest question is, how after a month does this just happen? And why does it only happen, after the car is warmed up and running for a while?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

okay, so last night driving home from work, i set the light off again, and this time it is 1133, and 1153. What is going on here, can someone drop some insight