Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Car nearly stalling, clutch problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car nearly stalling, clutch problem.

This is weird to me. When i start slowing down and coming to a light, the rpm's will drop but then maybe go back up to 1500 or even as high as 2500. Then when it comes to a nearly full stop, the car will drop to 500 rpms or below, then jump back up to normal idle speed. Is my clutch slipping? i have a spec 3 w/ the stock flywheel. any help is appreciated.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your clutch was slipping i would not cause this problem, what it sounds like is your clutch is not disengaging quick enought or properly, thats why yor rpm fall

as for the rpm jumpping up i have no clue
Old 05-25-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like stated above... If your in gear coming up to a light with your clutch foot to the floor and your car starts to stall, the pressure plate is not dis-engaging properly... If you come to a light with the car out of gear and it acts normal then it's the hydrolics system. Bleed the system, do the drill mod if you have not... And while your at it use 570deg wilwood brake fluid for master cylinder. Also wrap your steel braded line with header wrap. This should solve your problem. If it's still there, then your Slave cylinder might not be able to release the pressure plate completely.. Do you have an aftermarket clutch? SPEC includes a plate between the slave cylinder and the trans so it brings the slave closer to the pressure plate for proper dis-engagement of the pressure plate. You might need this..

If the car still hesatates as you come to a light with the trans out of gear, then it's programming or you have a blockage on your throttle body like oil build up and your IAC motor has to open too much to keep the car from dying... Clean up the Throttle Body..

Clint