Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Early 90s Mustang GT kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Early 90s Mustang GT kill

I had picked up my friend, Sarah, and we were on the way to the movies last night when I see an early 90s red Mustang GT vert speeding out infront of traffic to beat it. Didn't think much of it. Couples miles later he's still upfront, so I stay behind him so I can beat some slow traffic. Get to the next light and he floors it, so I'm thinking...hehe, he wants to play.

Get to the next light and we're side-by-side. He sounded like it had a cam in it and definitely exhaust. I don't launch my car so I was off-idle when it was about to turn green, I hear him tach it up a little so I just put it to 2 grand. I ease the clutch out(LOL stock clutch, getting ready to turn 100k miles ) and he floors it, gets about a half car to a car on me. At the top of 1st, we're almost nose to nose, I shift into 2nd and by the top of second, I had a car on him. 45mph zone(5 lane road, 2 going each way and a turning lane all the way down the center) so I only took it up to 60-65 and then let out of it, had a car or so on him. I slow down to give a friendly wave and he quickly put his turn signal on and turned. Doh.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill!!! That wasn't nice. He could have easily given you the thumbs up sign...oh well...everyone is not a friendly loser.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Teching In

win or lose...still throw a thumbs up! always someone faster than you, and when you find him/her, why not give them some props!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03BlackSVT
win or lose...still throw a thumbs up! always someone faster than you, and when you find him/her, why not give them some props!
Agreed!! Isn't this funny...both responses..so far, on this thread comes from Ford peeps!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GO4URS
Agreed!! Isn't this funny...both responses..so far, on this thread comes from Ford peeps!!!