Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

04 GTO, 97+ TA, 94-95 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed: 04 GTO, 97+ TA, 94-95 Cobra

I don't get a chance to play much, and I know these aren't all that awesome to write about, but I was just excited to even get ANY action on the street.

04 GTO with the 5.7, Flowmaster only (not sure if 2 or 3 chamber...wasn't loud at all...but he said thats what he had on was Flows). Dude in it was having his retirement party from the Military the next day. We had been beside each other "in line" going out the gate once before. We had chatted through the car windows...you know...nice ride...runs good...blah blah.

I'm coming down Moody road here in town, and he pulls out from a side neighborhood up ahead of me. He gasses on it to merge with traffic (me and one other car) which keeps him ahead of me. "Cool deal, he's spirited" I'm thinking to myself. Obviously a guy who bought the car for something other than polishing it. Long story short....we chat side by side on a couple streets...comparing exhausts as we do the rev thing. Then we turn left onto 247 which is a 4 lane. He says "See ya later" and nails it. I was expecting a lineup at least so he gets about a 3 car jump on me (I was in the inner lane on the turn...didn't wanna come around with the car so I gassed it a bit later). I stop him pulling away at the top of 1st. I hit second and start coming on hard. I'm thinking he either missed 3rd or just quit all together...because although the Z06 is quick, I'd be surprised if its THAT quick, because I shot right by him. We stop at the next light, he is turning left, and says "That color is hard to see coming up on ya" (I have a Quicksilver Z). Thumbs up, he turns....I continue straight.

98+ TA, Red, aftermarket exhaust...not sure what else. Was the newer style. It was at night on I-75 coming down from Macon. I was following my GF gonna take an exit. We had already passed this guy...not racing or anything...just normal driving. He comes up beside me as about to get in the exit lane....drops a couple gears and nails it...I guess he was thinking I would just exit anyhow. Needless to say I didn't exit. I stay in the slow lane and make my way back up to him. I get beside him with my windows down. We slow to 60 according to the HUD. He blips, and I'm thinking..."Ok...we are about to SON OF A BITCH". He didn't just blip to downshift....he blipped and hammered down. He jumps 2 cars before I can go from 5th to 3rd. I get it in. When I hit 3rd I'm coming on. I shift to 4th right after he is shifts to 3rd. When I shift I'm about a half a car length behind his bumper. Now......I have a 99 TA thats sitting in storage...and I thought 3rd pulled strong back when i drove it daily. But when this guy hit 3rd and I hit 4th....if it wasn't for the roar coming from his exhaust as I blew by him...i'd say he gave up. I hit the brakes at 115, about 2-2.5 cars ahead...and he zips on by at full throttle. He takes the next exit....no wave or anything.

94-95 Cobra, White. Was the 5.0 variety. I don't know what mods this guy had. Exhaust obviously, as it was loudish. He had a HUGE tach on the dash. I was one lane over and one car behind him at a light...and didn't hear a lope. I didn't get a chance to ask what he had after the run either. But...anywhoo..

I'm going alongside him...both have our windows down. I give him the "Hi...I'm a *****" look (not meaning it of course) as I ease by and I goose the throttle. He gets on my tail...and I know from then its a go. We go down to the last exit before base and turn right onto 247 at the bottom of the ramp. The light there had just changed so we didn't have to worry about traffic coming down 247 at a high rate of speed. I'm in front...so I ease over to the far lane. Again...I thought I'd get a honk or lineup or something. Well....he gets dead even with me at about 20-25mph and just nails it. He jumps about a car and a half by the time I get traction. I hit second harder than I'd like to have and nail 3rd at the front of his car. By then I'm putting car lengths on so fast that I get out of it at about 4 or so...still in 3rd gear. He eases by....smiles and gives the thumbs up. I return the favor...cool guy.

GTO and TA was in the same day. Mustang was the next day. Was fun.

Last edited by E.O.D.; 05-25-2005 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Title Change
Old 05-26-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

sounds like you had a blast that day!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Funny how that happens, long dry spell and then they come in bunches.