Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

All in a day's work

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default All in a day's work

Ok, I was coming home from the Tyler Mall in Riverside and after about 1 mile of driving I came to a stop with a yellow type R. As soon as I pulled up next to him I noticed that he was keeping his revs to about 2000 rpm wanting to make a quick getaway. I wasn't going to bite until after the green light we drove off slowly then he would accelerate then deccelarate then accelerate again. Then we went from about a 30mph roll and I had him once I threw it into 2nd.

About 2 miles later I came up on what I though was a rally sport lancer. It was getting darker so I didn't notice the spoiler signifying that it was in fact an Evo. I got that feeling that you get when you really want to rip on someone but don't want to be the one to take off looking like your racing against yourself. So, we both took off slowly but once he pulled up beside me I heard his turbo spool and that's when I punched it. We kept at it steady and he would try to pass me but there were people in his lane. The next light we went from a dig, which is where I knew that I would have the best advantage, and I tore him a new one once I got to 2nd gear.

Once we approached the stoplight I was surprised to see that it was a gentleman in his 40s with what appeared to be his daughter and 2 of her friends in the back seat. He said to me "I knew you would get me out of the hole but my car runs 11s in the quarter." I went along with it and asked him if it was stock. He responded "No. That's what they run off the lot." I was thinking to myself I don't want to embarass him even more by correcting him. But then he said, "Read the latest Road & Track." The one thing I forgot to do was rev on him. I just read in a thread last night that these things turn off or something like that. That would have really flamed him.