Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VE question regarding DFCO, and maf tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VE question regarding DFCO, and maf tuning

Ok, I turned off DFCO per the recommendation of some of the members here. Prior to turning it off up to 4400 rpms in all map areas my LTFT's were anywhere from -3 to 0. When I turned it off, during deceleration areas on the map(like 0-45,50kpa) my trims went negative again. Anywhere from -3 to -9. I retuned the table and it actually looks better now. I was wondering though is it because now there is fuel being commanded even during deceleration condtions where DFCO there wasn't? And if this is correct, when DFCO is re-enabled it's not going to make a big difference anyway, right?

Ok, secondly.... I disabled PE mode which enabled me to tune up to 5600 rpm range in the map. I'm going to try and finish up to 6,000rpm range this evening. With PE disabled it really let me see how "off" the upper area of my VE table was. I have my limiter set at 6800. I usually shift at 6600 or so, because my cam makes peak power at 6400 rpms. Is it ok for me to stop tuning it at the 6000 rpm mark and just follow the trend of the VE table up to 6400 rpms or so because I plan on reconnecting the maf sensor?

Lastly...I really hope to have the MAF connected by tomorrow evening. I found "Redhardsupra's" MAF spreadsheet and will be using it. However, I have one or two questions regarding the process. I have my maf disconnected currently. Am I correct in saying I want to set my MAF fail freq to "0" and also Zero out the Maf table as well? After that go ahead and Scan for Maf hz and Dyn airflow under the PID table>engine>airflow>dynamic airflow (lb/min, g/sec). When I started making the PID for this it showed up on my chart but showed up as lb/min. I believe the table calls for g/sec. How do I change it? I'm not at home now so don't have access to HP tuners but would going in to preferences and switching to metric do the trick?

The last question I have about the maf procedure is when driving to scan this, do I want to re-enable PE mode and do WOT blasts? If so what gears work best and to what speeds? Wouldn't we only need to go WOT to 4,4400rpms or so because once the maf is reconnected it will be the main source for ail calcs anyway?

Ok, that's it.............for now anyways....Thanks a bunch.

Dougie
Old 05-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good questions...getting ready to go through this myself. So here's a TTT for ya.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

I can answer part of your question. You can do conversions using Excel fairly easy. If 1lb=453.59237grams and 1minute=60seconds, then your conversion factor is 7.5598728333...

Example: 4.8lb/min x 7.5598728333 = 36.2874 g/sec

Copy and paste your data into Excel, pop in the equation, and you're good to go.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do NOT zero out the maf table! just the 'maf fail freq=0' and that's it.

if you look at the result page, there's a final conversion from lb/min to g/sec (multiplication by 7.5598...) so if you want it in lb/min just take out the multiplication.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found that in HP tuners you can scan and record data in g/sec by going into the preferences screen and going to metric instead of imperial. I assume that would work....right?

No body else on the other issues, and thanx for your help guys. I appreciate ti.

dougie
Old 05-26-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the spreadsheet is made to accept input logs in imperial units.

you got a point though. even if you log in imperial and have the whole HPT setup to do imperial, the MAF calibration they want in g/sec. that's even in ver 1.7 with their bugfixes and labeling of labels...nice job :/

Quick Reply: VE question regarding DFCO, and maf tuning