Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got BEASTED by a 99+ GT.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got BEASTED by a 99+ GT.

Ha just kidding.

Ran a guy I've ran into before. Went from a 40 roll and a 20 roll. First race he gave me this pretty cocky look and I pointed forward for him to go. We hit it and by 100ish I was around 3 cars in front of him. We caught a light he asked what I had done blah blah and asked how much power they had stock and then told me how his has less HP blah blah. Light turned green as we were still talking and I motioned forward again. We hit it in first and by 70ish again I had the same amount of cars on him.

His car had exhaust and 4.10's. Mine is stock. Damn those 4.10's are weird he was almost about to shift into 3rd before I hit 2nd.

Last edited by ritz; 05-27-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

sweet kill, my friend has a gt and we always race, i gave him 3 cars and still smoke him, by the way, i was up in norfolk last month, its changed since 02 when i was there, but i'll be moving up there in july (navy), there where a couple of f-bods, ALOT of rice though, i killed a neon that was decked out, and killed a honda crx also
Old 05-28-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill Now get some mods and beat the GT's even worse
Old 05-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Launching!

what all do you have done to your car?
Old 05-28-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

An air lid. And I'm about to have Pacesetter LT's and TD's to go along with that. Probably in a few weeks or so.

Evidently some people seem to think that I should've beat him worse. I would say putting 3 cars on someone in a 30MPH span is pretty bad considering I'm stock and he wasn't. He hung with better from the 20 roll than the 40 roll, but he didn't hang good enough.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like how on the bottom of your sig, ritz that it talks about the "ram-air" ta's not being any faster than the regular ta's, i get that all the time myself too, just the other day some kids were talkin about my car and i happened to be standing in a line with them-they didnt know it was mine but they were saying how nice it looked but "yea its not a ram-air" i was quick to comment on how "yes it is ram-air, just not thru the hood (i have the FTRA) and its functional unlike the factory WS6 hoods, i think i made him feel like a dumbass cuz he had a WS6 and he realized that his car wasnt really any faster than mine.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CorvetteZ06
Good kill Now get some mods and beat the GT's even worse
damn skippy
Old 05-29-2005, 01:24 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
I like how on the bottom of your sig, ritz that it talks about the "ram-air" ta's not being any faster than the regular ta's, i get that all the time myself too, just the other day some kids were talkin about my car and i happened to be standing in a line with them-they didnt know it was mine but they were saying how nice it looked but "yea its not a ram-air" i was quick to comment on how "yes it is ram-air, just not thru the hood (i have the FTRA) and its functional unlike the factory WS6 hoods, i think i made him feel like a dumbass cuz he had a WS6 and he realized that his car wasnt really any faster than mine.

What does this post mean? Since when are the factory WS6 hoods not functional??

And I'm sure you made him feel like a dumbass when you told him that ...
Old 05-29-2005, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
since when are ws6 hoods not functional, they might be restricted, but still functional, and besides the hood makes it look meaner
Old 05-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Launching!

The hoods functional, but I'd say the hood being meaner is a matter of opinion.

I actually like the Firehawk's hood the best. It makes the car look the meanest, to me.

Get some more mods and kill him worse, because he may go out and surprise you next time and there's ALWAYS somebody else out there!

Anyway, nice kill.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

it can be functional.
All you need is a drill
Old 05-31-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sad. When I read the post I was hoping you ran into a certain white 99 gt... Either way good kill.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

I live quite a ways from Missouri.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ritz
I live quite a ways from Missouri.
No there is a guy that drops through here every once in awhile and hangs on corral alot. white99gt, he makes roughly a fafillion billion gagillion horse power. No but seriously his car is pretty ****** amazing.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

Not to be rude but other than the cooler air the most benefit you can get from ram air at 100mph is .18psi. Not until around 200 does it get worth a couple percent, and it does get better as you go up from there.

I hear too many people talking about ram air like it's giving them substantial boost or something.

Jim
Old 06-29-2005, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

Actually from what I've read "ram air" is a complete myth because air is uncompressable until something like mach 0.5. It is somewhat usefull as a cold air induction though.

And yes, the WS6 hood look mean as hell. Back when I was shopping around I really wanted a WS6 cause they look like they are going to eat the car in front of it, but couldn't justify (or afford ) to pay another $3k for what essentially amounts to looks/name. Now I like how my car looks like a sleeper. Sitting in a parking lot from most angles nobody would guess it's a V8.

Then when I turn the key they jump out of their skin.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Evidently some people seem to think that I should've beat him worse. I would say putting 3 cars on someone in a 30MPH span is pretty bad considering I'm stock and he wasn't.
3 car lengths within 30 MPH, especially at that low of a speed (40-70) is a very substantial amount. Nice job!

A girl friend of mine has a 2004 GT M5, and she let me drive it the other day (I just wanted to see how they felt/drove/performed, etc). One thing for sure: I can literally powershift in that thing and chirp 4th, whereas I seem to ALWAYS **** up when I try and powershift in my T/A.

Anyways, for being only 1 second slower in the 1/4 than my car, that thing just felt like a complete pooch! Seriously, I've ridden in stock LT1's that run low 14's and they have MUCH more kick in the pants than the Stanger GT's do. It was almost boring to drive, to say the least.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
3 car lengths within 30 MPH, especially at that low of a speed (40-70) is a very substantial amount. Nice job!

A girl friend of mine has a 2004 GT M5, and she let me drive it the other day (I just wanted to see how they felt/drove/performed, etc). One thing for sure: I can literally powershift in that thing and chirp 4th, whereas I seem to ALWAYS **** up when I try and powershift in my T/A.

Anyways, for being only 1 second slower in the 1/4 than my car, that thing just felt like a complete pooch! Seriously, I've ridden in stock LT1's that run low 14's and they have MUCH more kick in the pants than the Stanger GT's do. It was almost boring to drive, to say the least.
That's the difference in powerband. LT1's strenght is TORQUE, the mustangs don't have much at all down low.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Resident

A friend of mine has a 02 GT, 5 speed, full exhaust. It felt kinda peppy at first, but in comparison to my car it felt like ever gear I shifted into it slowly started falling off to when everytime I shift in my car it keeps pulling harder.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

A friend of mine has a 02 GT, 5 speed, full exhaust. It felt kinda peppy at first, but in comparison to my car it felt like ever gear I shifted into it slowly started falling off to when everytime I shift in my car it keeps pulling harder.
To me Mustangs have ALWAYS felt like this.

Oh and good kill.

B