Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please, problems after cam install

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help please, problems after cam install

Okay, i've installed a TSP cam, and afterwards, I'm getting a Camshaft position high, and low voltage code. this only happens when i get on it above 50% throttle. and i've changed the sensor thinking maybe i hit it or nicked it or something changing the cam. any ideas guys? the car still isn't tuned but i'm told htis needs taken care of first.

Also other problems, there's lots on this POS I've got a Skip shift eliminator, but i get a code coming up for it. also a clutch input switch code, and reverse inhibitor code. as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong with any of this stuff, i've gone over the wiring harness from front to back, nothings cut, no grounds are off that i can find. could i possibly have a bad computer?

Thanks in advance, Nick
Old 05-28-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it was a bad computer it would have been doing this before the install. It's gotta be something you did. Check the fuses and check the areas of wiring that you disconnected/touched to make sure they are all making contact and nothing is broken off.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Teching In

all the other problems have been around for awhile now, the only thing new is the cam position sensor, sorry i should have been more specific on that
Old 05-29-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, that's a different ball game then. I would have try and get in contact with someone with LS1edit to see if they can look in the PCM and see anything internally wrong with it. Otherwise you might want to send it off and have someone check it out, assuming you are 100% sure that it's not a wiring issue.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like you forgot to plug in some connector on your trans. If you leave one or more of those connections undone it will set off a bunch of different codes like those.
Check that first...Check for pinched or cut wires or fluid/dirt in the connection for the camshaft position sensor.

Also..it could be a tuning glitch. Is your car a 98? My 98 will throw knock sensor low and high voltage codes when the LTFTrims get way out of wack, like after a cam swap. After it's tuned correctly, no more codes. Weird...maybe it's just a 98 thing...

Last edited by Dustin Butts; 05-29-2005 at 03:13 PM.