Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Husky Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Husky Warranty?

Has any one ever tried getting their warranty on these? I was at home depot and the tools are very nice when compared to craftsman, and want to know if their warranty is just as good as sears.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Dunno. Broke a stanley 1/4" ratchet, sent it via mail ($1.50 or so) and they sent me via mail (with like a $4 sticker on it) a new husky 1/4". I didn't think I could take the stanley to wal mart, or to home depot ... but maybe I could have taken it to HD and walked out with a husky replacement?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

I used to work in Hardware at Home Depot. There are two possibilities for warranty replacement. The first is bring it to any Home Depot and they will mail it to Husky(Stanley) and then a new tool will be mailed to you or to the store, whichever you prefer. Secondly, if it is a normal stock item, like a ratchet, the store will trade you a good one for your broken one and then get a new one for stock from Husky.

****Also, be observant when you buy tools from any store. Some Husky tools are Guaranteed Forever and some only say Satisfaction Guaranteed. The latter do not have a lifetime warranty. Also, if you break any other manufacturers tools like Craftsman or Kobalt, you can bring it to Home Depot for a trade for a Husky.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Good to know, thanks. Another question, who warantees Stanley (i mean when you give stanley they give you stanley)
Old 05-31-2005, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

That's the thing. I sent a stanley to stanley, and they sent me a husky. I didn't think walmart would do anything with it. But I wonder if HD would!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I brought in a Husky air rachet that is supposed to be "guanteed forever" and they wouldn't give me a new one without my receipt. They said "how do I know you bought it here" I was like, "ah, no one else sells husky except home depot" They still wouldn't give me a new one.....I was sick that day and didn't feel like arguing with them, but I thought it was redicolous.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

I work in hardware at home depot now and we just exchange the tools for new ones if we have them in stock and they have not been abused. Home depot no longer trades other brands for husky tools. If home depot does not stock the item some home depots will give you the closest thing they have to it and others will mail it off it is up to the manager.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moyam01
Has any one ever tried getting their warranty on these? I was at home depot and the tools are very nice when compared to craftsman, and want to know if their warranty is just as good as sears.
I was told by someone working at HD, i could go to the store and exchange. Haven't had to yet.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Teching In

so you have to deal with a manager at HD??? so ow long does the exchange take, 1 hour if youre lucky? i'll stick with sears.

Quick Reply: Husky Warranty?