Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

B&M ripper help

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 08:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default B&M ripper help

I am winning this on ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

The seller told me that I can resuse my stock bolts and such to install this, is that correct? I also was told by someone else that there should be washers or something that comes with this unit to allow for the different positionings of the shift lever. Basically what I am asking is if I get only what is in the pictures, is that all I will need? Without the washers will the shifts still be short? Sorry for the dumb questions but I am new to all of this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shifter base has an oval cut in it for special offset washers and allen head bolts,you can't use stock bolts.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes new hardware comes with it, with different washers to locate the shifter neutral/forward or back. Back or neutral is prefered on our cars, as the forward position would put your hand into the radio/ac on a 2-3 shift.

the way the base of the shifter is designed, the washers fit in flush with the top, in a long oval shape.

Honeslty good luck winning that auction for very cheap. I bid on a couple before I bought mine new. A couple ended up in the 130-ish range, which you should just buy new.

Good luck on it, I'm sure you can make it work, somehow, nothing I'd do though. Might call or email B&M and ask them for the hardware...
Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the help guys. If somehow I do end up winning it for this cheap, do you think there is a way I can make it work? The guy told me that no hardware at all comes with it. Would I be screwed then if I couldn't get the stuff from B&M?
Old 05-30-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

im sure you could figure out something, let me think in it...
Old 05-30-2005, 10:05 PM
9 Second Club

Alright, thanks a lot for your help Brandon.

Quick Reply: B&M ripper help