Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO v Corvette vidz

Date: Memorial Day 2005
Weather: Perfect
Combatants:
2004 GTO m6 bone stock, even the tires 14k miles
1998 Corvette Coupe m6 w/ intake and Magnaflow exhaust 60k miles

These vids were filmed with a cell phone, not ideal but still cool.

Run 1:
From a dig at a light. Corvette left t/c on. GTO won by bout half a car. We ran another time from a dig but I missed second but we were dead even through 1st.
link www.irlforum.com/movies/copey/run1.mov

Run 2:
From a roll ~60mph to the end of 4th ~120mph. GTO gets a lil jump, vette slowly eats the gap.
link www.irlforum.com/movies/copey/run2.mov

Run 3:
see Run 2.
link www.irlforum.com/movies/copey/run3.mov

I hadn't lost yet and i really wanted to run a stock c5, but he just had light mods and 60k miles so i figure close enough. I'm proud of my lil goat. It will be a bitch when the mods start! First mods I think will be short throw shifter, tires, and exhaust coz it should be louder to kill the evo 8's . peace out!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Nice runs, but those vids didnt show to much. It's just hard to believe that two vehicles with roughly the same RWHP and you weighing Soo much more could be so even. I mean he had intake and exhaust and u pulled him with a STOCK GTO???

Not to doubt your vids, but I thought C5's were faster, espically on top end!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah definitely hard to believe. i raced a new gto 2004 on the highway and i beat him pretty good, i doubt it would have a chance against a c5. but maybe that vette has some sort of mechanical problem
Old 06-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
yeah definitely hard to believe. i raced a new gto 2004 on the highway and i beat him pretty good, i doubt it would have a chance against a c5. but maybe that vette has some sort of mechanical problem
no problems. he gave me the jump on the 2nd and 3rd runs from a roll. he was definately a little faster. He was closing the gaps. also the gto you raced may have had a bad driver or been an auto. Mine might be a lil on the quick side too. I have beat stock t/a's and ss's. I will take it to Indy Raceway Park 1/4 mile track in the next month to find out.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Banned

Aren't they putting the LS2s into the GTOs? If so, it's pretty reasonable. The goat has the power advantage.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:15 AM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 12sMustang
Aren't they putting the LS2s into the GTOs? If so, it's pretty reasonable. The goat has the power advantage.
2005 GTO = LS2
2004 GTO = LS1
Old 06-02-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by YlwGTO4m3
no problems. he gave me the jump on the 2nd and 3rd runs from a roll. he was definately a little faster. He was closing the gaps. also the gto you raced may have had a bad driver or been an auto. Mine might be a lil on the quick side too. I have beat stock t/a's and ss's. I will take it to Indy Raceway Park 1/4 mile track in the next month to find out.
Must be the yellow color
Old 06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Nope, look at this top, it's off. Ride in a Vette with the top on, then take it off, and laugh as you notice the top-end (90+mph) disappear on those cars
Old 06-09-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baldurann
Nope, look at this top, it's off. Ride in a Vette with the top on, then take it off, and laugh as you notice the top-end (90+mph) disappear on those cars
he said it was a coupe, didnt say whether the top was on or off so i assume on for racing, plus that vette has intake and exhaust -- and i cant get the videos to load on my computer
Old 06-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Launching!

LINKS ARE DOWN!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

he said it was a coupe, didnt say whether the top was on or off so i assume on for racing, plus that vette has intake and exhaust -- and i cant get the videos to load on my computer
In the vid it shows it being off.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Teching In

If your feeling lucky I have just a little 01 Vette and we could give your GTO a run.

You are only like 6 or 12 hours from here, and I need a good race. Nobody here seems to want any of the vette.

Greg
Old 06-10-2005, 05:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt SS
Nice runs, but those vids didnt show to much. It's just hard to believe that two vehicles with roughly the same RWHP and you weighing Soo much more could be so even. I mean he had intake and exhaust and u pulled him with a STOCK GTO???

Not to doubt your vids, but I thought C5's were faster, espically on top end!
To piggy back on his comment, I don't understand how that would happen (you beating him). Not trying to bash you or anything, but I find it hard to buy!! I have seen some freak LS1 wonders of nature come from GM though, so who knows. Nice kill though!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00Vette
To piggy back on his comment, I don't understand how that would happen (you beating him). Not trying to bash you or anything, but I find it hard to buy!! I have seen some freak LS1 wonders of nature come from GM though, so who knows. Nice kill though!!!

Ok, people you need to read. The only race i beat him on was the first one from a dig in which he left traction control on like i said in the original post...In the next two from a roll, he LET ME have the jump, he catches me and is obviously a little faster. I never said I killed him wtf.

To the guy with the '01, I would be happy to run you if you are ever in the area. I will run anything, I don't cry when I lose.

A side note. A gf of mine just bought an '04 gto. She's already got intake and exhaust on order. We are going to go in together and get HPtune (sp?) program to tune up our goats. I will have vids of us racing stock and after mods so we will see who is the better driver.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pln01ta
If your feeling lucky I have just a little 01 Vette and we could give your GTO a run.

You are only like 6 or 12 hours from here, and I need a good race. Nobody here seems to want any of the vette.

Greg
hey greg i live in plattsburgh ny i will run your vette i just have a little 00 SS....

I have raced the new GTO with the ls2 and the functional hood scoops and it was not even a race I smoked that goat bad.the guy who had it was kinda upset.it was and stock gto so i will let him do some mods and race him again. he said that he was going to get some juice. maybe ill jsut get a meth/alky kits and turn up the boost oh well.......
Old 06-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Teching In

I wasn't trying to be a cocky *******. It was Friday night and I had a few ok more than a few. Kinda feeling bad cause I haven't had a race since I got the vette. If I'm ever in Plattsburgh I'll look for you it would be nice to get in a friendly run and get beat
Old 06-15-2005, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

soory greg wasnt tryin to be an *** just wanted to give you something to run i would like to run a z06 never have. hell most poeple out here wont even race there c5 vettes le alone there z06's. anyway sorry again and if you ever are in p- burgh let me know we can meet up and run.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blue-ss-camaro
hey greg i live in plattsburgh ny i will run your vette i just have a little 00 SS....

I have raced the new GTO with the ls2 and the functional hood scoops and it was not even a race I smoked that goat bad.the guy who had it was kinda upset.it was and stock gto so i will let him do some mods and race him again. he said that he was going to get some juice. maybe ill jsut get a meth/alky kits and turn up the boost oh well.......
what mods do you have??? i've raced a 02 SS and a 01 z28 and took both of them, the SS was from 65 it was brief, he pulled up and pointed i said go, we hit it at the same time, by 110 i had 1 car on him before he shut it down, i couldn't get him to run again.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by m8d2run
what mods do you have??? i've raced a 02 SS and a 01 z28 and took both of them, the SS was from 65 it was brief, he pulled up and pointed i said go, we hit it at the same time, by 110 i had 1 car on him before he shut it down, i couldn't get him to run again.
i have headers, lca,phr,pulley,free mods,ls6 intake, and thats about it........oh and i have a snail also
Old 06-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Talking Yea, I'm the guy in the vette

Originally Posted by YlwGTO4m3
Date: Memorial Day 2005
Weather: Perfect
Combatants:
2004 GTO m6 bone stock, even the tires 14k miles
1998 Corvette Coupe m6 w/ intake and Magnaflow exhaust 60k miles

These vids were filmed with a cell phone, not ideal but still cool.

Run 1:
From a dig at a light. Corvette left t/c on. GTO won by bout half a car. We ran another time from a dig but I missed second but we were dead even through 1st.
link www.irlforum.com/movies/copey/run1.mov

Run 2:
From a roll ~60mph to the end of 4th ~120mph. GTO gets a lil jump, vette slowly eats the gap.
link www.irlforum.com/movies/copey/run2.mov

Run 3:
see Run 2.
link www.irlforum.com/movies/copey/run3.mov

I hadn't lost yet and i really wanted to run a stock c5, but he just had light mods and 60k miles so i figure close enough. I'm proud of my lil goat. It will be a bitch when the mods start! First mods I think will be short throw shifter, tires, and exhaust coz it should be louder to kill the evo 8's . peace out!

The top was off, TC was on, and I let him have the jump. It was a great time. Next time I come up, I won't be so charitable. We'll get some videos up here of a good "Kill" for me!