TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LOL, check this....

I came across this "interesting" post:

Author Topic: Me Vs. 01' T/A Firehawk
David Sutton
Member # 4526

Rate Member posted May 27, 2005 09:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was actually just on my way to school today, when up ahead at some lights I see a black 01` T/A Firehawk LS1. It was the ram air. Stock they are 345 hp / 345 tq. About 3500 pounds. He said he had full exhaust and headers, and guessed around 400 hp~. I revved a bit, and he laughed at me. I was running around 21 psi on my 16G, untuned. ie. Rich as F. Anyways, I'm not really a big launcher, so I ***** it into first. He squeels a bit and I gun it. From 1st -> top of 2nd I had about 5 cars ~. He actually had good traction too. He was definitely WOT, but he had some help on the rear, which looked to be about 300~ wide tires. I shut it down and he pulled up beside me again. This time I was in mid third. He then gunned it without warning, and about a second later I did the same. He started with about a 2 car lead on me, and by the end of 4th we were dead even. After he rolled down his window and said "man.. nice car." Felt good to actually run something I had no idea how I'd do against. It's no Cobra SVT (Ali), but still a nice kill none the less.

[ May 27, 2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: David Sutton ]

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _ _
1992 Talon TSi AWD
FMIC, Greddy Type-s, 2G MAF
255lph Whinebro, freemods
Denso 550s, S-AFC
s16g @ 15 psi

on http://ca.dsm.org/ and found it totally hilarious!!! there is NO F'n way a talon running that boost could take on a "firehawk that has *ram-air*" must have been an slp slip up???!!! my buddy is a huge talon supporter and quite frankly his stock 97 tsi awd is EXACTLY matched to my 4-dr grocery getter grand prix gtp. so needless to say what an f-body would do! i personally feel "seeing is believing" otherwise i could kick a vipers *** with my "slightly modded grand prix!!!" - not gonna happen, this guy is CLEARLY talking **** outta his ***

from the brain 'o chris!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loll some people are just plain freakin stupid, ya im sure its making 400 to the wheels with just full exhaust jest:
Old 06-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Banned

Damn right it's not a Cobra! He wouldn't have had a chance against one of them...
Old 06-02-2005, 04:51 AM
12 Second Club

Wow id love to make 400 hp with my full exhaust *plus headers* what a ***.. I raced a talon for a half mile and kicked his *** before i relized he was even trying to race me....
Old 06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Banned

these people are clearly RETARDED
its just like the people on the vw forums talking about a gti with only an intake beating SS's and TA's by 2 to 3 cars
what idiots
Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Teching In

i saved my self a trip to the dyno; full exhaust + FTRA+t-tops=450 hp!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, he said 345 HP stock, so he probably was NOT talking about WHEEL HP. Full exhaust cars are easily over 400 HP at the crank.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

He was pretty much on it until he said about a 5 car lead at the top of second, and that was from a roll in first, lol. That is just dumb. I have personal experiance with a 20psi Eclipse (same damn car) and would lose to a stock LS1 from any roll. Only chance would be from a stop with AWD. And that is with full suspension, exhaust, and intake.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bandit Z
He was pretty much on it until he said about a 5 car lead at the top of second, and that was from a roll in first, lol. That is just dumb. I have personal experiance with a 20psi Eclipse (same damn car) and would lose to a stock LS1 from any roll. Only chance would be from a stop with AWD. And that is with full suspension, exhaust, and intake.

Yep, DSM's are great from a dig when ya have to run 'em down but from a roll? GAME OVER.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
well, he said 345 HP stock, so he probably was NOT talking about WHEEL HP. Full exhaust cars are easily over 400 HP at the crank.
nowhere did he say wheel horsepower, therefore, 400 hp was a good estimate
Old 06-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Banned

it probably was a good estimate, but no way in hell did he have 5 cars by second unless the guy wasn't racing him.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
I came across this "interesting" post:

Author Topic: Me Vs. 01' T/A Firehawk
David Sutton
Member # 4526

Rate Member posted May 27, 2005 09:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was actually just on my way to school today, when up ahead at some lights I see a black 01` T/A Firehawk LS1. It was the ram air. Stock they are 345 hp / 345 tq. About 3500 pounds. He said he had full exhaust and headers, and guessed around 400 hp~. I revved a bit, and he laughed at me. I was running around 21 psi on my 16G, untuned. ie. Rich as F. Anyways, I'm not really a big launcher, so I ***** it into first. He squeels a bit and I gun it. From 1st -> top of 2nd I had about 5 cars ~. He actually had good traction too. He was definitely WOT, but he had some help on the rear, which looked to be about 300~ wide tires. I shut it down and he pulled up beside me again. This time I was in mid third. He then gunned it without warning, and about a second later I did the same. He started with about a 2 car lead on me, and by the end of 4th we were dead even. After he rolled down his window and said "man.. nice car." Felt good to actually run something I had no idea how I'd do against. It's no Cobra SVT (Ali), but still a nice kill none the less.

[ May 27, 2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: David Sutton ]

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _ _
1992 Talon TSi AWD
FMIC, Greddy Type-s, 2G MAF
255lph Whinebro, freemods
Denso 550s, S-AFC
s16g @ 15 psi

on http://ca.dsm.org/ and found it totally hilarious!!! there is NO F'n way a talon running that boost could take on a "firehawk that has *ram-air*" must have been an slp slip up???!!! my buddy is a huge talon supporter and quite frankly his stock 97 tsi awd is EXACTLY matched to my 4-dr grocery getter grand prix gtp. so needless to say what an f-body would do! i personally feel "seeing is believing" otherwise i could kick a vipers *** with my "slightly modded grand prix!!!" - not gonna happen, this guy is CLEARLY talking **** outta his ***

from the brain 'o chris!
Running 21 psi on a 16g is far from stock bud. He's at the very least pushing 350 whp