Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

first 05 vette kill...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 03:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default first 05 vette kill...

i was on 16 mile today coming back with friends from school. a white new corvette pulls up and hes being a dick. cockey, thinks his vette is fast. i have to admit that the new vettes look sweet, but this guy thought he was the bomb. so were at a light with a few cars in front of us, and we pull out slow as to let the traffic clear. we raced from about a 25 roll, man, i pulled freakin hard on this fool, with a chick in my car while he was empty. i think he was a bit upset. id say i pulled about 2-3 cars on him to 80ish? but it was kinda hard to tell by the mirrors. anyway, i thought it was fun...
Old 06-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've killed a few C6's too already. I honestly believe that 99% of the population thinks every car is stock.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Very nice kill, I can't wait to run one....
I see a SOM c6 every day going to work he wont bite tho.

BTW ya got pics of your Z? I love that color.....
Old 06-02-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Joegt38
Very nice kill, I can't wait to run one....
I see a SOM c6 every day going to work he wont bite tho.

BTW ya got pics of your Z? I love that color.....
yeah, its always hard to get a vette to race, especially old men. haha. but i actually had a yellow Z06 want to race on woodward last year, too much traffic and way too many cops though. glad you like the color, heres a pic. i havent got any pics of the engine bay yet, but it looks nice. i painted the intake and water pump chevy orange. valve cover, timing cover, and fuel rails silver. then did the tb black.
Attached Thumbnails first 05 vette kill...-camaro-2-small.jpg   first 05 vette kill...-camaro-outside-1-small.jpg  
Old 06-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you jack the back end of your Camaro up or what?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
I've killed a few C6's too already. I honestly believe that 99% of the population thinks every car is stock.
Your car is stock, right

I actually kinda hope they think every car is stock...helps knock them down a few rungs and keeps them there. I'd love it if they ran into someone like Parish's truck...thing doesn't look fast at all.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

hey man i think i might have seen your car once when i was in detroit. Do you go to Gratiot often?

Nice kill btw
Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AsianIce25
yeah, its always hard to get a vette to race, especially old men. haha. but i actually had a yellow Z06 want to race on woodward last year, too much traffic and way too many cops though. glad you like the color, heres a pic. i havent got any pics of the engine bay yet, but it looks nice. i painted the intake and water pump chevy orange. valve cover, timing cover, and fuel rails silver. then did the tb black.
Very sharp car, love the color and the mods

A few weeks ago was the first and only time I got to run a Z06 (03) I beat him from a slow roll and killed him from a dig... Thats really the only vette I ran xcept a stock auto c5, very bad for him
Old 06-03-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like to go the otherway, and assume every other car is equally or more modded than myself. Makes life more interesting
Old 06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you jack the back end of your Camaro up or what?
yeah, i have an eibach pro kit on there, but when i was done it looked like the back was lower than the front. I am only 23, but i have always thought a true muscle car should be lower in the front and higher in the back. i like that aggressive stance. so, i had to put some ground control adjustable spring perches in the back. i like them, i actually have them all the way up (3 inches lift) on the back, and my true dual still rub anytime i have anyone in the back seat and occassionally when im alone. i just bought some rubber inserts to help the spring rates, we'll have to see how that works. i want to raise the fron up a lil bit, cause its real low. i cant make it up half the driveways in michigan.

And to the guy who asked if i cruise gratiot??? Not too much, but my boy live right at 696 and gratiot, so it could've very well been me, but prob on a friday or saturday night. i like gratiot, but theres too many cops and the peope think theyre so fast...but im always down to hurt some dumbaZZ.