Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built A4 Troubles

Old 06-03-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Built A4 Troubles

Went to the track on Tuesday. I pulled in the burnout box with both tires in the water. Done my burnout first and the tranny shifted into second and then I rolled out to the line. Staged and as the lights came down into the throttle, spinning to a 1.78 60' which is really shitty, the tranny acted like it went to second, but the rpm's stayed at 5000. It kind of made me think the tranny skipped 2nd gear and just bogged in 3rd. After letting it cool off for a while I tried hitting it on the return road and it did fine so I got back in line. Went and decided to skip the burnout and ease through first and then nail it in 2nd. Well it never made it to 2nd. After the car completely cooled down and I reset the pcm I left the track. I stopped in the road and went hard through first and the tranny shifted hard into 2nd. Did this about 3 times. Then on the way home decided to stop and try it again. This time it didn't go into 2nd, just sat at 5000 and bogged. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

The tranny shifts nicely driving normally and when it's on the street you can nail it in 2nd gear and it pulls hard so I don't think 2nd gear is gone. I thought it might be a tuning issue, but all the transmission files are the same from normal to hot at wide open throttle. Someone help. If the transmission fluid is getting too hot, would this cause it?

408 with a TCI 3800 which flashes 5500 on the dyno. The car has plenty of power. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is your shift rpm set to for each gear? I had a tci 3800 and cut mid 1.4 to low 1.5 on that converter. Do you have torque management still on? Is the car reving past 5k or just staying there and still accelerating?

Search this Thread