Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple N2O setup questions..

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Couple N2O setup questions..

Well I am pretty much ready to install the nitrous setup I have at home but I have a few quick questions to touch on before I start going to work.

1- I won't have access to TR6 plugs for a bit. I do have a freshly installed set of TR55's in there right now (gapped at .038-.040), so for a dry 100 shot with retarded timing (24* up top now vs. 28* stock), will this suffice?

2- Where are you guys running the N2O nozzle to? I've heard of some peole using the bellow as a mounting point, but I'm running the stock accordian bellow, anywere esle I could tap it?

3- How are you folks going about mounting the bottle? What seems to be the most convienient place to do it? I was thinking about tucking it inside the passenger side rear cover inside the trunk, but it doesn't look like there's alot of room in there or anywhere to bolt the bottle down.. suggestions?
Old 06-06-2005, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1.Go ahead and change the plugs to the TR6s.There is no reason to even take the chance...

2.If this system is a dry system put the nozzle in the airlid.It has to be before the maff.Assuming this is a LS1.

3.Most peopls mount there bottles in the spare tire area.Some mount them in the T-Top area or between the rear seats on the drive train tunnel.
Dave
Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your input Dave, I'll go ahead and search around for some TR6's.. and particular gap size these motors like to run?

I had a stupid moment there with the nozzle placement, of course the MAF would need to see it if it's dry right?! Anywho, I might be jumping instead to a wet kit anyways so if I should do that, it goes back to the question of where do you guys stick the nozzle?

TIA
Old 06-09-2005, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
Thanks for your input Dave, I'll go ahead and search around for some TR6's.. and particular gap size these motors like to run?

I had a stupid moment there with the nozzle placement, of course the MAF would need to see it if it's dry right?! Anywho, I might be jumping instead to a wet kit anyways so if I should do that, it goes back to the question of where do you guys stick the nozzle?

TIA
My Wet kit has the nozzles in a custom MAF housing so they protrude just after the MAF.

As for the bottle I put it in the hatch but os the t-top's can still be installed. If you want to see any photos of my setup go to http://www.afbforums.com/index.php?a...CODE=12&CID=42