Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Guys that know Kenwood decks, help me out here

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys that know Kenwood decks....help me out here...

I just bought a 2005 model Kenwood deck, the X789, and for the life of me I can't get it out of "demo mode." The book says to put it in standby, select "AM" or "FM" with the control **** (the one on the right that rotates 360 degrees and pushed in), and then press the control **** in for two seconds and that turns off the demo mode. When I'm in standby there is no AM or FM and pushing in the control **** or rotating it doesn't do a thing! What am I doing wrong here? Is the book a misprint? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance....
Old 06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heha I thot you were talking about a regular wood deck from the title , TTT for some help .
Old 06-05-2005, 03:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Kenwood is apparently having numerous problems with this.

The "fix" is to hold down the 5 button and hold down reset but this only works on some players.

My fix would be to return it and buy a pioneer...
Old 06-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martingale
I just bought a 2005 model Kenwood deck, the X789, and for the life of me I can't get it out of "demo mode." The book says to put it in standby, select "AM" or "FM" with the control **** (the one on the right that rotates 360 degrees and pushed in), and then press the control **** in for two seconds and that turns off the demo mode. When I'm in standby there is no AM or FM and pushing in the control **** or rotating it doesn't do a thing! What am I doing wrong here? Is the book a misprint? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance....
Just had the same problem with my new MP-4028 (I wanted the 789, just didn't have the dough ) It was about 4:30 Sat morning when I did this, so my memory is a little fuzzy. In standby mode I had to hold down either the volume *** or the "Q" button for a few seconds. A menu appears. Use the control **** + & - to navigate through the menu and use the control **** AM & FM to change the values. - I had to play around to figure this out because the Kenwood manual leaves out how to get to the menu. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Ok, I checked, it was the button labeled "Q / Menu" - Hold it in for a few seconds and then press the control *** as many times as it takes to get to "DEMO ON" then press the *** in the direction of FM (UP) the display should now read "DEMO OFF" - Now you can rock out in peace - no more info about your deck on the display.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

once you choose demo off you have to hold the play button down for a couple of seconds again for it to save it that way, I even unhooked mine for a minute and the demo mode was still off once I completed this