Sponsored by:

Wet system--Purge fuel line?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 09:20 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wet system--Purge fuel line?

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I am always worried that theres air in my fuel line after the solenoid. It seems to me that obviously theres air in there, since any fuel would come out, and of course theres air in the nitrous line too after the solenoid, but nitrous is coming in at 1000 psi, and fuel is at what, 60 psi? I'm concerned a lean spike could happen on the initial hit. Is this stupid or what?
Old 06-05-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TS6
Maybe I'm paranoid, but I am always worried that theres air in my fuel line after the solenoid. It seems to me that obviously theres air in there, since any fuel would come out, and of course theres air in the nitrous line too after the solenoid, but nitrous is coming in at 1000 psi, and fuel is at what, 60 psi? I'm concerned a lean spike could happen on the initial hit. Is this stupid or what?
When purged, the nitrous and fuel both have there lines filled to the solenoids. The diffrence in pressure might cause an initial lean spike, but it is so fast that it will hardly register. It's really nothing to worry about.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are absolutly right. There is always air in the line after the fuel solenoid. That does contribute to the lean spike. But you have to keep it in perspective. If you have a single fogger efi kit then all that needs to fill up is that short -3 line which dosen't take long. But the systems that take longer are direct port kits with 1 fuel solenoid, and lots of plumbing.

If it makes you feel better, you can either add a time delay relay to the Nitrous solenoid to delay it slightly, or add a fpss after the fuel solenoid which activates the Nit solenoid. If you do a search on lean spikes you should be able to find a wiring diag NXRicky did that shows this.
Good luck,
Vinny