Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD player problems!

Old 06-05-2005, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player problems!

I have a 96Z with the Bose Single Disk head unit and the CD player wont play CD's anymore. I insert the disk, it spins around for a bit, then spits it back out with the error message. Sometimes it works but only plays the first couple of songs. Its been really annoying me so I took the thing out and thought that it might be the lens. So I tryed to figure out how to lower the lens to make it read better but didn't know how. Now it wont even grab the CD's anymore. HELP!!!!

Thanks a ton!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:54 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro4Life
I insert the disk, it spins around for a bit, then spits it back out with the error message.
The error message = ?
Old 06-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Launching!

A short while back, there was someone in here with a similar issue - lowering the lens isn't what you want to do. It's more likely either a dirty lens or a misalignment issue. If the lens is dirty, there are kits available from just about any department store for around $10-$15. As for alignment, it's a simple process if you have the alignment disk and associated tools. In any case, do a search of my posts using your issue as the search criteria. There's a company in New York that will refurb either the CD section or the entire radio for a flat fee. They're quick and extremely reliable. I have no affiliation with these folks, but just know of their existence.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

OK; well im gonna try a few more things but there are no diagrams for it?

Search this Thread